Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: October Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Its not the addiction property of Ativan that is concerning it’s the tolerance. Doc explained that it will eventually stop working and all you are left with is an addiction, no matter how much dose is increased...
    I plan to do one Friday... IVIG next wed takes 3 pills. So, I want to keep th rest of the week next week less ativan. Seeing Neuro next week and will clarify it again.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I understand now Sunshine and I see the Doctor's point.

Hope all of you are enjoying your nice FALL weather. It was a cool 101 degrees here today.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Success :)
    The uro staff phoned in Keflex. Will start tonight.

Now my next task is to get PT at home referral from doc
    Then get ready for Neuro appt this week
    IVIG on Wednesday.

All in a days work. No wonder all I can think about his medical and illness

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Glad you got that help, Sunshine.

I am off to dinner on a Friday night. woo hoo!
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Looking forward to hearing about ANN’s dinner :) I remember those days very well: the excitement of being out and waited on, and eating delicious food.

Today I take an ativan mid morning to control pain and spasticity for the day. It is a break in teh week from pain and suffering.

Does anyone watch the mini series on HBO called Succession? I saw the first episode, season one last month per oldest’s rec. After I said to oldest,, “That was so unrealistic.” Oldest replied, “Actually it is based on Rupert Murdoch’s family, with a few items changed to avoid liability”
    With that in mind, the series became very interesting. Don’t give up after the first one: Watch the first 3 and you will be hooked. The dynamics become so subtle that by the current one, they take your breadth away in terms of family treachery.

NYT did an in depth look at Rupert and it wasn’t pretty. I ddin’t realize he owned the NY Post, the Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the London Sun and a myriad of TV stations, essentially a major player in the “news” industry. The NYT painted a picture of the man’s influence globally on the recent events that have seen the emergence of far right wing governments and chaos (e.g. Brexit, USA politics, other countries around the world). So interesting.

So, it’s something to look forward to once a week: the latest installment of Succession: where the patriarch appears warm and caring but is actually aggressive, narcissistic and sociopathic all rolled into one. Hollywood did well on this score.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thanks for the review of this. I do not have HBO. I knew he owned Fox and at least one of the large newspapers. I think (not sure) he owns the tabloid that many people get their news from.

Are he and President still friends? Wish I had HBO, but just more money and many people have told me it isn’t worth it. I don’t know.

I agree with you that Ann needs to report in and tell us what she had to eat last night. When is she going to her Mom’s?

I am supposed to go out tomorrow night. Guess I’ll go unless I just feel too bad. Already know where we are going and already decided what I will order. Wish you could go out and enjoy it Sunshine.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

By the way, our weather continues to be weird. We were getting to 100 or a little over and today we will barely get to 71.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, it's hard to imagine 100 or even 70s. Here the heat has been needed at night because it's around freezing.

I don't think I get HBO either. I don't try to catch most TV programs. I'm too apt to be interrupted with one thing or another, and then I've missed it. I do order up TV series on DVD from the local library though. I've seen lots of seasons of "Doc Martin," "The Americans" (gave up on that one though), "The Good Wife," "Veep," "The Wire," "Treme," "Endeavor," "New Tricks," "Mad Men," and "Victoria"--to name a few.

Doing things this way means I'm watching these shows later than most people but that's OK.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I watched "The Good Wife" when it was on TV and became addicted. I was sorry when it was taken off. Most of the programs I watch I have the DVR set to record them so I can watch at my leisure. Also, that is one way I get to fast forward through the commercials. Of course, if I am watching PBT then there are no commercials. They have good programs with no commercials. You can't beat that. But since I am on cable I only get one PB station.

Agate, it really doesn't matter when you watch a series since it is the same thing as seeing it the first time. When you get DVDs from the local library I assume there are no commercials.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I wish Ann would tell me how to hit the thanks button on here from my iPhone. I have been unable to find a way. It is not showing up. So, I sometime post from my iPhone and then later turn my computer on so I can hit the thanks button.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast