Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: October Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Just got a phone call from Laura. She was due today, but guess what, she is not coming. Says she will be here on Tuesday.

At least I am not in the way of a fire and having to think of getting out of my home. I can't imagine having to deal with that.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you all so much for your support.

The fire was contained about 11 p.m. Firefighters remained on site to ensure that there are no flare ups. All has been quiet here today, thankfully.

John and his sister live in areas close to the fire. His sister and family were packing up to evacuate. I think John and his family were asleep, because they get up before dawn for work and school/sports.

Our nurse, who is also a member of our family, after caring for Jonathan for 11 years and now Jim, called about 9 p.m. to offer her home to us, if we needed to evacuate. She said, "I'll come get you, and I have two bedrooms with clean sheets waiting for you. I'll help you gather up your stuff too."

By the end of our conversation, the news reported that the fire was almost under control. We were so grateful. Most importantly, knowing that she is there for us through anything and everything is tremendously comforting. We are so blessed to have her in our life.

Sunshine ~ I don't know whether I am centered. I think it is more a case of being in crisis mode for the majority of my life, living on the edge of my seat, waiting for the other shoe to drop, and all other relevant cliches. It started as a child, with civil defense drills every Friday, duck and cover, and went from there.

I've lived through hundreds of earthquakes, fires, even a 727 plane crashing a few cities from us. We were victimized by gangs in the early 90s, who moved in as renters in our neighborhood. I've been pulled over twice in my life on a freeway by police during a high speed chase. One time they suspected that I was driving the getaway van. Yes, of course, a getaway van with a wheelchair lift and tie downs. But they surrounded my van, guns drawn, until I was cleared to continue on my way to my doctor's appointment.

In his wedding vows, Jim said that one of the things he loved about me was that I am "a very determined woman."

But, aren't we all determined people here? We wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have accomplished all that we have in our lives, if we were not determined to do it.

If I am centered, it's because I take heavy doses of tears and laughter every day. Both release hormones and produce hormones to fight stress. I call it the Sisters of Bliss and Sorrow, because we can't have one without the other. For balance, we need both. Tears and laughter are coping tools.

Sending healing, positive energy to you all and gratitude for your prayers and concern for us on this peaceful night with no sirens, no smoke, no helicopters, and no injuries or loss of property. We give abundant thanks.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, how nice that the nurse you've known for years has offered a place for you and Jim to stay if needed--and let's hope it won't be needed.

The kindness people show to one another is wonderful--actions, offers or remarks that have the effect of easing our minds, smoothing a difficult path for us.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718