Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: October Chitchat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default October Chitchat

Fall is really here, and it's going to freeze tonight.

That's really unusual for this area--much too early for a frost.

Hope Howie is doing OK.

Still no more word about Cat Dancer. I will be on the lookout, and Parsi is probably keeping posted.

In her memory, here's one of the elegant dollhouses she made. This was posted on her Facebook page in 2018:

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hi Agate and everyone! Yeah, Howie is doing fine, but went through an aggravating evening. That's why I'm up so late. I lost power about 11 last night. That's my time when what I most enjoy watching TV, my horror/sci-fi shows come on. I got it back a little while ago, but missed them all.

I always assume surly someone has called the power company and reported it. So about 3, I called the power companies power outage number, and reported it myself. Maybe a half hour later, it came back on.

So I'm still awake, and may just stay up the rest of the night, so I can go to the store as soon as they open. I NEED coffee. I just forgot to get any the other day, and it's tough to get myself motivated to go buy one thing.

Have a great day all, and a great month, and trick or treat!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

It is very early in the morning here and about 60į ....however, Saturday morning when I. Have a farmers market it will be in the 3o’s..frost Friday as well as Saturday. Then back to normal cold temps for fall.

Freezing at the market on Saturday and poor sales are going to make the day a tough one. Farmers are tough people!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thanks agate.

Howie, it’s nice to hear from you :)

Sent in a urine culture at quest Friday, still no word on results from doc...frustrating. Its to r/o UTI. Again.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Good morning, Howie, it’s good to hear from you.

Linda, that sounds like a cold day. It will be 43 here on Fri and Sat night. I have put the hoops on the greenhouse and will have the plastic ready for the cat and garden sitter in case it gets colder.

We are flying home to see Mom and take her to the cardiologist. She also needs her flu shot.

Hope you all have some sunshine. It’s dismal here and today is our Farmers’ Market.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hi Sunshine, I hope you get some help.

ANN

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I am up and enjoying my coffee. I woke up at 7:30 and put my night sleep mask on and went back to sleep. I am still having some discomfort in my broken leg and I do not trust it to put full weight on it yet. I am using it a lot but always with the walker or scooter.

I have had a few big roaches come in through the doggie door. I am scared of them. I will get Andy to spray around the doggie door when he comes later. Jeanie :)

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

September 27 was a one year anniversary of the strange weight loss illness of last year. Today, I walked up to the center of town and back. I dropped a gardening book off in the free book box, browsed in two shops, picked up Tizanidine RX, had lunch and stopped at the market.

For lunch I had a Buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto, tomato and basil sandwich on Frech baguette. I had a Mojito Mint Limeade to drink. It feels great to feel well.

At the Farmers’ Market I got pears, peaches (it seems late for peaches), a slicing tomato - the first I had to buy in over 2 months, and one more thing. Can not remember and I am not getting out of my chair.

Bath and hair (I do my own on Tuesday) next.
    ANN

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Agate thanks for getting us started for October and for the picture of Catís house. I hope TC does something with her houses that will honor her.

Howie, good to hear from you and know you are alright and still drinking your coffee. I wonder why Sam didnít call the power company. Thatís the least she should have done to pay for her cheese and turkey.

Ann, hope your trip to see your Mom goes well and I just hope her test turns out to be good.

I took a ďhigh doseĒ flu shot yesterday and got sick during the night. I donít know if it was just the flu shot or the fact that I took my Rebif shot right on top of it.
    I have always gotten the regular flu shot and I havenít had a problem, but I had hard chills and my left hand and foot started spasming. I will not get another high dose but will stick with regular dose.
    Have headache and feel very bad today, so I am just doing nothing. I also have a slight upset stomach.

I think it is supposed to get pretty cool here this weekend also.

Linda sure hope your farmers market turns out to be better than you expect.

Sunshine, I am really hoping you donít have another UTI. I am feeling so bad I havenít even been on my computer to see if any of my tests are back. I am on iPhone now and I had rather use computer to go on the Doctors portal.

Jeanie, take care of your foot. You certainly donít want to go backwards.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Or maybe donít do Rebif so close to the shot?

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast