90* here on the last day of September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90* here on the last day of September

Oh, it's hot for a day that should be cooling off. But I haven't seen a hummer all day.

hey jingle!

i think we hit about 81 today with humidity about that high, too. tomorrow we're supposed to get to 86 close to breaking a record high for that day. then a cold front comes through with a decent amount of rain all day wednesday . temps drop into the mid-70's wednesday and thursday and then plummet to 55 on friday. looks like next week's temps will not get higher than 65.

could it possibly be the start of autumn in michigan?

so, tomorrow, oct. 1st, i start getting medicare insurance. since i get social security benefits, they start my medicare automatically the first day of my birth month. i don't have to go signup. they just sent me a notice, my card and they are taking $135 out of my social security check every month for part b, which really blows.

blah.

keep cool, jingle
    Last edited by tic chick; 10-01-2019, 07:01 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Yep first of October and supposed to be near ninety and muggy, yech!! Had to turn the air on last night because it was too warm and muggy for sleeping. Ran the furnace once two days before. Going to break a record today.

Comment

We're supposed to hit 90* again today, but tomorrow it will start cooling off and the weekend will be chilly. I haven't turned the heat on yet but it will be soon.

Comment

Today our HIGH is 65*. For the first time in many months I put a blanket on the bed.

Comment

hey jingle!

the other day, i got into bed and it was so humid, the sheets felt wet! i always have a fan on low in the room just to circulate air and it seemed like the air going over the sheets was making them feel damp, anyways...i had my annual physical today, so i rode my bike the 2 and a half miles to the doctor's office. there was this fine mist in the air. my sweatshirt was not wet, but i needed windshield wipers for my glasses (like one of those weird inventions peabody and sherman used to make...or was it maxwell smart?...lol) i don't think it got above 62 today, but the mist had cleared and a weak sun was shining as i rode home about 3pm.

tomorrow will not be above 60 and it looks to be in the 60's all next week. i transplanted a rose bush tuesday and i have 3 more to go, so i hope the ground dries out a bit. i don't mind working in cooler weather, but i can't dig and lift muddy plants. i always have a blanket and a spare on the bed because we have a whole house fan up in the ceiling of the stairway upstairs. when you turn in on, it sucks air through all the open windows in the house. it cools the house down great, but sometimes i get too chilly. i put a comforter on the bed day before yesterday and i have used it both nights...and will tonight.

i think this is it for summer.

stay warm, jingle,
            jeannie
            WE ARE BT!

Comment

Jeanne ~ I think this is it for our summer too. I can manage autumn, but, gee, I hate winter.
              Right now it's 56* at 11 AM. I want to go out to lunch but I do that 'way too often and I'm trying to make myself stay home.
              I keep thinking about the good stuff in the little Chinese restaurant just across from Walmart. I really love Chinese food. lol lol -- I like all food. I guess that's not true ...I don't eat any fish or seafood and I don't eat cheese. Picky picky picky.
              I'm due for my annual physical … and my cats are due for theirs.

Comment

47* at 6:30 AM … 47 !! I still haven't turned on the furnace and plan to wait as long as possible.
                Today I plan on making myself call my doctor to get appointments for that necessary medicare exam, flu shots and so on.
                And I hope I can make myself look for some sort of appointment to do something about my hearing. I paid $2600 (!!!!) about a year ago for a hearing aid and it's just horrible and I haven't been able to use it. I went back one time to the place I got it but I wasn't welcome and I will not go back there.

Comment

Today was lovely BUT a serious storm is moving in tonight ~sigh~ It's winter. TV is showing one of those weather alerts in the lower corner of the screen -- Winter Weather Advisory. Gee, I hate this.

Comment

hey jingle and all !

just finished shoveling a good 5 inches of snow. it was snowing when i went out with nora, my dog, last night about 1230am. first snow of the year that was seriously coming down. they've been predicting it for 3 days. it's a wet snow, so it's very heavy to pick up a shovelful. mostly i do push snow to edge, turn shovel over to dump snow. i have to tap the shovel to get the snow out of the edges.

i went and shook off snow off my lilac bush, the branches were bent over from the weight of the snow. they stood right up. i don't want any breakage, so that's why i did that. the tall grasses are splayed open, but they'll be ok once it melts.

no zumba today, it was cancelled, but i got my exercise in....lol.

this is the earliest i remember us having this heavy of a snowfall.

hope everyone in the path of this storm stays warm...cold and wind moving in tomorrow.

oh, i finally got a recent pic up on my profile, taken within the last year. the previous one was about 7 or more years old. i had trouble putting up one last year, maybe there was a glitch in the system, so i forgot about it. went back to see if things were fixed and they were. so new pic went up :) oh, my hair IS NOT blond. the pic was taken in a restaurant that had funky lighting. my hair is white.

thanks for sharing and caring,
                    jeannie
                    Last edited by tic chick; 11-11-2019, 02:41 PM.
                    WE ARE BT!

Comment

I don't know what happened that I was not prepared or expecting all of this snow. I must have missed the weather. It is fall so I wasn't expecting anything. I may have to go out and shovel a path for the dogs to go potty, they ride so low to the ground their bellies drag in the snow lol. Bella was bugging about going out on the catio yesterday about noon, just driving me nuts. She saw the snow and wanted to investigate. So knowing she was not going to be happy I let her out on the catio. The door is propped open to the outside she took like two steps into the snow and beat feet back to the door to be let in. Then she was mean to everybody for the rest of the day.

Comment

We certainly weren't prepared for that much snow ……. It wasn't THAT MUCH snow but we were expecting just a sprinkling on grass and things like that.
                        I'm a devout coward on snow covered roads, but this morning I just have to go out. Oh, I hate that.
                        And it's COLD -- just 9*.

Comment

Working...
                        X