Thread: 90* here on the last day of September

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default 90* here on the last day of September

Oh, it's hot for a day that should be cooling off. But I haven't seen a hummer all day.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey jingle!

i think we hit about 81 today with humidity about that high, too. tomorrow we're supposed to get to 86 close to breaking a record high for that day. then a cold front comes through with a decent amount of rain all day wednesday . temps drop into the mid-70's wednesday and thursday and then plummet to 55 on friday. looks like next week's temps will not get higher than 65.

could it possibly be the start of autumn in michigan?

so, tomorrow, oct. 1st, i start getting medicare insurance. since i get social security benefits, they start my medicare automatically the first day of my birth month. i don't have to go signup. they just sent me a notice, my card and they are taking $135 out of my social security check every month for part b, which really blows.

blah.

keep cool, jingle
    Last edited by tic chick; 10-01-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep first of October and supposed to be near ninety and muggy, yech!! Had to turn the air on last night because it was too warm and muggy for sleeping. Ran the furnace once two days before. Going to break a record today.

6. The following user says "thanks"

We're supposed to hit 90* again today, but tomorrow it will start cooling off and the weekend will be chilly. I haven't turned the heat on yet but it will be soon.

Today our HIGH is 65*. For the first time in many months I put a blanket on the bed.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey jingle!

the other day, i got into bed and it was so humid, the sheets felt wet! i always have a fan on low in the room just to circulate air and it seemed like the air going over the sheets was making them feel damp, anyways...i had my annual physical today, so i rode my bike the 2 and a half miles to the doctor's office. there was this fine mist in the air. my sweatshirt was not wet, but i needed windshield wipers for my glasses (like one of those weird inventions peabody and sherman used to make...or was it maxwell smart?...lol) i don't think it got above 62 today, but the mist had cleared and a weak sun was shining as i rode home about 3pm.

tomorrow will not be above 60 and it looks to be in the 60's all next week. i transplanted a rose bush tuesday and i have 3 more to go, so i hope the ground dries out a bit. i don't mind working in cooler weather, but i can't dig and lift muddy plants. i always have a blanket and a spare on the bed because we have a whole house fan up in the ceiling of the stairway upstairs. when you turn in on, it sucks air through all the open windows in the house. it cools the house down great, but sometimes i get too chilly. i put a comforter on the bed day before yesterday and i have used it both nights...and will tonight.

i think this is it for summer.

stay warm, jingle,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

10. The following user says "thanks"

Jeanne ~ I think this is it for our summer too. I can manage autumn, but, gee, I hate winter.
    Right now it's 56* at 11 AM. I want to go out to lunch but I do that 'way too often and I'm trying to make myself stay home.
    I keep thinking about the good stuff in the little Chinese restaurant just across from Walmart. I really love Chinese food. lol lol -- I like all food. I guess that's not true ...I don't eat any fish or seafood and I don't eat cheese. Picky picky picky.
    I'm due for my annual physical … and my cats are due for theirs.

47* at 6:30 AM … 47 !! I still haven't turned on the furnace and plan to wait as long as possible.
    Today I plan on making myself call my doctor to get appointments for that necessary medicare exam, flu shots and so on.
    And I hope I can make myself look for some sort of appointment to do something about my hearing. I paid $2600 (!!!!) about a year ago for a hearing aid and it's just horrible and I haven't been able to use it. I went back one time to the place I got it but I wasn't welcome and I will not go back there.