Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchair use: What to do about skin breakdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
    I started Bag Balm. Its amazing stuff in terms of how it feels. It is healing cracks in my finger too.

I am hoping it will do the trick. I take it you put a thin layer on the skin?

Yup! Healing cracks in fingers. When my farmer hands are cracked I often put in on my hands and then put nurses type gloves on overnight. By next morning cracks are healed. Use it on cracked foot skin too. Apply and then put socks on.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

I have udder balm which I am finding on here is not as good. My udder balm is very greasy.
      Virginia

Comment

then you wouldn’t like the Balm Bag.

I have both. The bag balm works better so far. The Uddercream works well, not as well though, but its not as greasy in terms of having to wheel the wheel chair after applying it, and I need it on my two fingers.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I recommend using nitrile gloves (or latex, if you're not allergic) to apply the Bag Balm. You might also try applying it at night before bedtime, especially if you want to use it on your hands, when you don't have to use your wheelchair.

Virginia ~

I haven't used Udder Cream, but based upon the ingredients list for it and Bag Balm, I feel Bag Balm is healthier. Our nurse, Nancy, swears by Bag Balm, and she's had success with it for many of her patients through the years.

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Bumping for good information

Comment

Now, Ihave been using bag balm a long time, since starting this thread. It has stopped skin breakdown from so much w/c sitting, combined with the PT advice to move off the pressure point for at least 30seconds every10 minutes or so to allow oxygen to get to that area through the blood stream. So, shift weight from side to side, or lie down if you cannot stand up.

Comment

Working...
              X