Feels like a charley horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like a charley horse

Is anyone else effected in the calves. I remember when I was reading about periferal neuropathy, it said it was in the feet. But my lower legs are the part effected. Some (but not every) nights I am awaken by what I think would be called a charlie horse in both calves.😩
    Lorraine (lor)

((((((lor)))))) ~

There are several potential causes for night leg cramps, including low potassium. Here are some other reasons from Mayo Clinic:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

If it continues, I recommend checking in with your physician for a physical and some blood work.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

hey lor,

didn't you have a stroke? or was it a very severe seizure?

if you had a stroke, you're probably taking meds in the categories shown on the site that rose posted.

i agree with rose. see your doctor.

nice to see you back,
      jeannie
      WE ARE BT!
      "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
      "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
      "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

tic chick, I had 3 seizures then my heart stopped. (I guess 3 seizures within a few moments was too much for my heart. Luckily my son saw,found me not breathing & gave me CPR)

My Dr. sent me to get a test & that Dr. said I have perifferal neuropathy. She took a little electronic probe & touched my legs here & there. Each time she touched my calf it hurt & it made me slightly jump a little. My brain is sending a message to my nerves that control those muscles.
        Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Peripheral neuropathy is common in diabetics. You've been tested for diabetes?

Rose is right about potassium deficiency as a cause of those leg cramps. I was having them every other night for many months, but when a lab test revealed a low potassium level and I corrected it, those leg cramps magically cleared up. I still have a few of them but they're much milder now.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X