Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Beth Israel in Boston

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

When a loved one was him harms way medically, and I couldnt be there due to my disability, I bought a “coloring book” of mandalas and a pack of colored pencils. Doing this put me in a trance of sorts, which passed the minutes without feeling overwhelming emotion...just a thought...some find knitting did the same thing when their husbands were in ICU...

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I have been coloring and can, like you, get lost in it.
    There is too much to take care of today on the farm and I can get lost doing those chores. Nice to have activity that keeps one busy in stressful times!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Yes, chores can be a lot like coloring for sure.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) You are both in my prayers. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 09-19-2019 at 06:56 AM.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Linda)))))) ~

Any news on John?

Prayers continuing ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Wow! John’s doctor just called. All went well. They will tweak things tomorrow and send him home. My limo driver called me to day and promised he would go to Boston and get John tomorrow. Whew!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I'm so relieved for you, Linda!

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

John is coming Home tomorrow. We have been talking on cell phone throughout the night. I have been reading about recovery...John was in pain last night from the incision I guess. I can see that this will be a tough time....I wish they had kept him another day or two. Keeping up with the farm as well as the patient has finally gotten to br too much. Maybe some sleep will help.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 09-20-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    Linda~~~~

13. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Laz, if it isnt too late to do so, docs can be talked into keeping a patient one more day depending on exigencies such as yours: i.e. far from medical emergency care, wife is debilitated herself etc. You can plead your case.

Docs want to avoid a re-admit. It is a ding on the hospital re Medicare.

We have successfully done this in teh past. If cant reach doc, try the social worker at the hospital if possible

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I thought of this but John will be very upset and put up a fight. I was worried about tomorrow because I leave at 5 am to go to market. Again, John would be upset if I did not go. So I wondered if I could locate a private duty nurse to. Check on him a couple of times. In the meantime I was up at 2 to turn on irrigation because it is really cold and I am running our trucks because they are loaded with plants. I am still up and the rest of the day is busy too.

Just today, at this moment I do not feel like Mighty Mouse. Just Mouse. Wish me luck!
    Linda~~~~

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast