Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Beth Israel in Boston

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Back to Beth Israel in Boston

So, that heart monitor they implanted in John a few weeks ago sent off alarms today and Beth Israel wants John to go there right away. I assume they are implanting a pace maker.

What a nightmare. We are 90 miles away. Had to find a driver. My usual limo driver was in Natick. Could not get anyone else. So, My usual driver is coming back here and will take John. I will stay here to keep the farm running.

Ikoiko this time he is going to 185 Pilgrim Rd.
    West Campus..Deaconess building
    She said it was across or maybe in the Farr building. Looking at my notes I am not sure....I have been on hold to Beth Israel for half an hour...trying to clarify where he is going.. I think she said the Farr building was a brick building

She said he should go in and find the info desk and someone would take him in a wheelchair.

I will be nuts until I hear from him. At least this time we have warning so he has his iPad and his cell phone and their chargers. There is a frost prediction around here to night so I will be turning on the irrigation late tonight to hopefully protect the crops. Then it will turn summertime hot so I have to water the greenhouses every day. And pick haricot verts for saturday’s Two markets. Mighty Mouse is here again.

It is scared to send John off to make his way alone into the surgery.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 09-18-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member

What a nightmare, Linda. I feel for you, but feel for John also. I know he is nervous and scared.
    Virginia

3. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Linda & John)))))) ~

Many prayers are on their way for you. How well I understand your fear and anxiety, especially since you can't accompany John. Remember to take care of yourself too, Linda. Thinking of both of you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

5. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh man, I know that feeling well Laz...Please let us know, we are worriers it would seem as well as warriors.

Maybe ANN will come here and help work some magic...

7. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I hope everything goes smoothly, Linda.

Does this map help in any way?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Hi Linda, I was out all day. I am not too familiar with BIDMC's West Campus and Farr building, but I hope your husband got to the correct place with ease. Best to you both.

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, I hope you have heard from John and, if he had a procedure, his doctor.

I am sorry that the two of you are separated at this critical time.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Linda & John)))))) ~

Prayers continuing for you both ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

15. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

You're both in my thoughts and prayers tonight. (((Laz)))

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoiko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Linda, I was out all day. I am not too familiar with BIDMC's West Campus and Farr building, but I hope your husband got to the correct place with ease. Best to you both.
    Thanks. He did. We communicated every hour until sleep told us both it was time to shut up! They must be doing the implant this morning.
    The building is exactly where he stayed last time. I figured my notes out by finding your previous post that you answered. In that post I told you that we went from Binney ave to the Farr Building! Bingo! So I hung up the phone where I was still waiting for customer care! I had answered my own question in a post to you!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

19. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast