Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RIP Catdancer

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This message just came in from Tom Cat:

Just getting back to you after the memorial service for Ann... Weather was terrific here for December. [In the 30s]with no snow or rain. Trying to get back to clean up & assorting 10 yrs plus of stuff from both of us. And I'm getting Christmas cards from friends that don't know Ann has past away yet. ...I'm still confused as to password, user name, etc when getting into things on the computer. I'm working on this, but I have friends that help me every week or so, for an hour or so. Sometimes I'm forgetting as much as I am learning. I'm hanging in there but it's frustrating. Tell everyone on Brain Talk I haven't forgotten them, but I got a lot on my mind to still work out.

MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you so much for posting for Ralph and keeping us informed. My heart goes out to him. It is so difficult after a loved one passes to manage all of the details, what to do with this or that, and mail arriving with your loved one's name on the envelope.

I can imagine that he is lost without Ann, since she managed everything for them as a couple. That's quite common in my experience for husbands to be adrift after their wives pass. I know Jim wouldn't know where to begin, if I passed before him.

On the parental grieving forums, we often discussed "grief brain." Grief alters us in so many ways, and the stress associated with it can cause us to have memory, organizational, and executive functioning problems. I have been there and am there now, so again, my heart goes out to Ralph.

I'm very glad that he has friends helping him, particularly with computer stuff. It isn't easy for Seniors to learn new technology, even if they are well and aren't grieving. Ralph has enough on his plate. He doesn't need to be worrying about figuring out how to register to post here right now. As long as he is communicating with you, and you are relaying his messages to us, we are in the loop with him.

Please tell Ralph that our prayers are with him for strength, peace and comfort. He is managing very well, and he needs to take it easy and get plenty of rest.

((((((CAT))))))

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Grief does indeed do very strange things to us.

I agree that Ralph doesn't need the hassle of learning the difference between a user name and an e-mail address. Nowadays it's become confusing, anyway, what with some sites asking you to register with your e-mail address as your user name.

Maybe later on he'll feel more like getting more involved with this forum but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't. Why would he want to get to know a bunch of people who have the disorder his wife died of? He might very understandably want to get as far away from MS as he can from now on.

This was my reply:

Hi​ Ralph--Take your time about the computer/Internet. If you continue exploring on it, you'll probably find that it turns out to be a great resource.

--It's so hard to have to give friends the sad news, I'm sure. This is still a raw, new loss but time does do its work. I hope that 2020 will treat you kindly--
    Last edited by agate; 12-27-2019 at 06:30 PM.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

(posted with TomCat's permission)

Message from TomCat:

It's looking nice and pretty out right now. All clean & white. I also will be plowing it in a few hours, to go to the hospital for my monthly blood draw & hemoglobin shoots. Nothing like winter in the Midwest, to keep one busy moving snow. Time for breakfast, before firing up the wood stove & getting the ATV plow ready to go. Oh yes, you're looking out the bedroom window into prairie. Take care.
    Last edited by agate; 12-30-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: opted to use the name Catdancer always used

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Photo and message from TomCat:

The cat catching the butterfly is in the prairie garden in front of the house. It's over the spot where the urn with Ann's ashes are. I think it makes an appropriate grave marker for a lady that went with the name Cat Dancer....

Everything is going okay but still a struggle, especially with things like property taxes, auto insurance, etc. Sometimes I think I'm just treading water. I got some tofu being pressed on the frig, to remove the water it comes in. I hope to get it fried up and crispy and use it in my stir fries and with a Thai peanut dip. There is also some Scandinavian gravlax curing in the frig for 3 days. They go good on crackers or muffins, with cream cheese & peppercorns. They're used something like lox.

Last edited by agate; 01-03-2020 at 10:03 PM.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Could we PLEASE stop posting about Cat. She's been dead for months now. Let her truly rest in peace, and let this post drop out of sight. I am sick of seeing this post bounce back to the top. Let it, and Cat, rest.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could we PLEASE stop posting about Cat. She's been dead for months now. Let her truly rest in peace, and let this post drop out of sight. I am sick of seeing this post bounce back to the top. Let it, and Cat, rest.
    Howie, Tom Cat has asked me to post any part of his messages here that I thought might be of interest to people here, and that's what I've been doing. I believe he's been trying to figure out the registration process so that he can be a registered member. In the meantime though there has been this route.

If you don't object to seeing more of his posts--and some of them might be about her of course--why don't we start another thread, maybe called "Messages from Tom Cat" or "Tom Cat's news"?
    Last edited by agate; 01-03-2020 at 10:40 PM.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry HOwie but when her husband has a thought or picture to share with us I am grateful and would really hate to slam the door. I am glad we are offering temporary solace to Cat Dancer’s lonely partners
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) I also like reading TC's notes. Howie please just skip them so the rest of us can have them. Jeanie :)

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

How would it be if we had a new thread called something else, like "Tom Cat's news"? That way we wouldn't always be seeing the sad-looking "RIP Cat Dancer" thread.

Then his messages to any of us could be posted there until he gets more familiar with the message board format.
    Last edited by agate; 01-04-2020 at 10:07 AM.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast