Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Catdancer

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Cat Dancer was the Queen of Curmudgeons. She may have been worn down at times, but she rallied and gave life the best run for its money. There will never be another like Cat Dancer. She set the bar high for being a fighter, and for traveling the world, giving and engaging with her community, and, like Jeanie, not letting her MS stop her from having a good life and loving life to the fullest.

My thoughts too are with dear TC and Parsi. I hope Parsi might be able to obtain an address for condolences.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Stunned to hear this news. Catdancer has been such a helpful presence on this forum for over 20 years. May she rest in peace.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have felt near tears this afternoon. I thought about tic chic's post and I can't remember if it was before or after that, but Cat had decided to have a party before her funeral or something like that. Anyway, they had the party in a local pub or bar and friends came and I think Parsi showed up without Cat knowing she was coming. It was typical Cat. I think she decided she would live awhile and had a party. If Parsi comes on she will remember and be able to tell us, unless someone else remembers. Her matter of fact ways, her humor, her stories about TC and of course about the cats, and her cooking are things that I will remember.

Her Lazy Cooking with Cat thread which turned out to be such a hit will be with us for a long time. She taught me the easy and good way to make fudge. Truly one of a kind.
    Virginia

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you so very much for informing us of Cat's passing. Without you, we might not have known, at least this quickly. Thank you.

Jeannie and Virginia ~

I remember Cat's many challenges with her wounds and the point at which she was ready to give up. And, I remember her wonderful idea to have a party. As always, love poured forth here in both situations. Thank you for your lovely posts.

Parsi ~

Sending you many hugs and prayers for comfort and peace. As you can see, we're all here for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tic chick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

my condolences to catdancer's family and all of her friends, especially those on this forum. this forum has had so many wonderful people die the last few years and now you must bear this loss .

i remember something here on this forum that was so beautiful (i hope i remember well)...

catdancer had been back for a while and one day she announced she was tired of fighting some kind of wound and she was going to call hospice and plan her remaining days. she was worried that her hubby wouldn't be able to take care of himself if she went to a hospital or rehab center to take care of her problem and she was tired of fighting this problem for so long.

you all rallied around her, giving her suggestions on how she could try and do this. you all said to at least give it a try and if it didn't work, then she could fall back on her hospice plans.

and she listened. i know she went to the hospital and/or rehab and was doing better. you all gave her the courage to carry on. this was maybe 2 years ago (?) and you all gave her those extra years to enjoy this life.

there are so many lessons to learn in this life if we remain open.

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie (tic chick)
    Thanks for bringing this up, jeannie.

Here is the thread, it shows Cat's strength and resilience so well, and the spirit of this forum:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...4577-I-am-gone

And here is Parsi's follow up Celebration of life thread:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...ration-of-Life

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

thank you for finding the thread, suze-q. my memory of 2 years was way off (funny how time passes so quickly when you're a "certain" age). i read all of it and all your encouragement. people who hadn't posted for sometime came to support catdancer in her fight.

and so she was able to live 5 years after thinking her life was coming to an end because you all cared about her and helped bring back her fighting spirit!

that is why these forums are so wonderful. while you were all supporting cat in her battle to live, i was receiving support at the end of my mother's battle with alzheimer's.

the love is palpable.

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 09-18-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank you SuzE-Q for posting the link to that thread. It was wonderful to read that thread in its entirety four years later and see that so many came together to encourage and support her in her struggle to recover. She was one tough lady.
    Cat's passing has reminded us all that it is the relationships in life that matter.

Unhappy

This morning I went to Facebook and saw a post from someone else about another friend passing (i.e., Cat). Before stressing about it I needed to make sure I wasn't misreading the meaning. So I went to Cat's Timeline and saw the post from Cat's niece. It was dated 9/17. I also saw that the niece had posted on 9/12 about her entering Hospice. :-(

Agate asked if I had an address. I do. But b/c Cat liked her privacy I didn't know if it was ethical to share. However if you know her name and search on Whitepages the Wautoma address is correct.

I did call the phone number I had for her and left a message for Tom Cat and asked if I could share contact information. I think the cell phone number has been surrendered b/c it says the owner has not set up a box.

I painfully admit I haven't been keeping up with her or anyone else. Thank you, suze-q, for finding that thread about her celebration of life. I couldn't remember how long ago it was. Like a cat she did seem to have nine lives.
    Last edited by Parsi; 09-19-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I did post the following on her FB timeline:
    [TC]
    , [Cat]'s BT forum friends wish to express their sorrow about her passing and their condolences to you.
    If Tom Cat reads it, he should know what BT means but no one else would. So privacy guarded.

TC returned my call and has given permission to give out their address. However, I won't do it on open forum. PM me if you want it.

He said there won't be a service, but later some kind of open chat? Conference calls scare me so I've never gotten involved and won't this time either.

I haven't seen an obit.

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast