Thread: Returned from the shadows

Default Returned from the shadows

Hi everybody,

I used to post here awhile ago. And I had a real cute username.....but I couldn't remember what it was, it wouldn't matter anyway because I would never have remembered the password. And as I have a new 'puter I couldn't get it off the password list!

I really didn't post much but I registered anyway as I didn't want to be just a lurker. And to be honest I left b/c I didn't like the politics and when I brought it up I was ignored by the powers that be and soundly slapped by a couple of residents here :-) anyway it's gone and here I am TaDa!

I recognize a few names. But my memory is shot, as many of you can sadly relate to. I see Cherie isn't posting much anymore, sad as I wanted to ask her something. I used to enjoy a couple of farmers that posted here. I have always lived in a big city in an apartment or now a condo. I always thought it would be fun to live that way. Live not work haha.

I prolly wont post much but I like to see whats going on.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hi robertinnevada,

Sorry you can't retrieve your old identity but those things happen.

Sorry too that you had problems with this forum in the past.

As you may have noticed, the Politics thread is gone now. I should caution you that there will soon be a place for people to discuss politics here, as I understand it, though it will probably be in a less obvious, less easily accessible location. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Politics affects each one of us in a very big way, and some here would like to continue discussing it. If you don't find the discussion to your liking, you can always skip over that part of the forum and go on to the parts that are of more interest to you.

We still have some farmers here--though very sadly we lost Peg, who passed away quite unexpectedly.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Farmer Linda here! I am in western MA. And have a small organic farm.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Hello Robert,
    Nice to see you here.
    Living rural is peaceful and beautiful
    But you canít beat the services and accessibility
    Of living in a big city

Welcome back!

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Welcome back. Cherie and Gary are both fine but not posting here anymore. We email each other. Jeanie :)

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Welcome back Robert. I hope you will change your mind about posting and just jump right in with us. Thatís how so many of us have established friendships.

If you donít like a thread you can always just skip it. Thatís what I do. I did enjoy our politics thread. As Agate said it is something that affects all our lives, but I feel more that way now that I have a chronic possibly debilitating disease.

Hope to see more of you.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

For some reason the internet Gods saw fit to erase my password due in no small part to me using the "suggested strong password" oh well live and learn. So I had to re-register with a slightly different user name.

Thank you for the heads up on the politics thread. Sadly this board had/has at least throughout the MS boards communities as the place to go if you want to bash DT. I feel that there are hundreds if not thousands of political boards and I don't think this should be one of them. People pass this board by because they read a long standing prolific poster for example making fun of his wavy red hair.

The politics thread may be gone but the thinly covered hatred of someone comes through like a klieg light in a fog bank. At least in many of the posts. People come here scared to death and after they read some of this well for lack of a better word.....crap. They move on. Something to think about as I recall when you had to bump a thread to keep it on the first page. There are hardly any posters and very, very few new ones. You can blame it on Facebook or whatever but look at this board from someone on the outside looking in. Its frosty cold in here and it shows. Yes everyone is allowed their opinion......as long as it agrees with ours.

Sorry I had hoped that it had improved but as I said I read on several different sites that this was MS/politics central and if you don't follow OUR lead and lean towards the left you-just -are-not-that-welcome.

So, sorry it's not for me and apparently not for a lot of other people as well. I wish everyone well and as they used to say when I was a kid...see you in the funny papers.

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Sadly, this board was thin before primaries and election 2016. Just as thin as now.