Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to Gabapentin

Yes, but it is not the same oil. The oil I swallow is thick and concentrated, comes in a syringe, 100% cannabis, THC dominant with all the cannabinoids. The rub also has of other good stuff for topicals such as clove, rose hip, camphor, lavender, menthol etc, I have several, cbd dominant, thc dominant, various different strains. No, I never use hemp lotion, not very good, no comparison. I only use organic stuff and mostly just flower. I am still looking for the perfect strain that will put me to sleep and get rid of cramps, spasms, urinary frequency.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I tried the MMJ lotion, 1:1 ratio, and it did nothing. The 1/1 sublingual liquid helps a lot with pain.

The ratio is key... the 9:1 helps with spasticity, pain and sleep. The 4:1 made me very edgy.

I have the Neurontin and may try it this weekend for neurological pain. but its supposed to make you drowsy, lethargic, and I donít need more than that!!!

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I do use a compounded prescription Gabapentin. Its in a base that starts with a V, i couldnt tolerate the NSAID they originally added to the base: it burned!

I use it to control neuropathic pain in the external bottom.

I know they make it for your situation, but the base might be different since it is a diff part of the anatomy. Its prescription.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Sunshine, I had never heard of this. You are right about the regular pills making one drowsy and lethargic. I can't get anything done because I am so tired. I know I am on a low dose, but I am on other meds that make you tired also. So, as with your medications it is just compounding the situation. I wouldn't mind taking it if it was my only medication, but side effects from everything I am taking is really bad. Along with the MS it is life altering. Cannabis in any form is not an option for me because I can't get it in any form.

People around here just look at me real strange when I try to explain that there is a big difference in the Hemp lotion and the Cannabis lotion. We are very uninformed about all of it because we couldn't get any until recently when we started being able to get Hemp products. However, most of these are not pure. What little I know I have learned on this forum.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

My non-neuro doc RXd the Gabapentin compound lotion. You just put a thin layer on the area 1-6x daily. The Base is determined by what type of tissue the gabapentin has to penetrate to. I think maybe the base is the vehicle that gets it there. It looks like hand cream, but you use very little each time.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Thanks everyone. Interesting reading. I deal with spasms in my chest, esophagus and now in my legs. The leg cramps are as painful as my chest ones. (MS hug). Anyway, like Snack I used to be able to walk off the leg cramps but not so anymore. Many of these spasms occur at night. We don’t know why and sometimes they show up in the daytim. (Especially the spasms in my esophagus).
    Anyway, I have settled on using 5 mg Valium. It works instantly and the cramps and spasms are gone until they show up again. Actually I have started crushing the Valium and dividing it so I am taking about 21/2 mg.

I get days of cramping and spamming and then it stops for a couple of weeks. So my minimal Valium ( which is a muscle relaxer) works well for me.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Linda, I take 1/2 valium twice a day and other sedating medications.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Virginia and Laz:
    My doc said not to do either ativan or Valium more than 3, 4tops, weekly to avoid tolerance and addiction. Tolerance means the drug becomes less effective, needing to increase dose, and becomes ineffective and yet the body is addicted to it. Thatís why I donít use it daily...
    What do your docs say?

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I have been doing this for many years. My Doctors just don't say. They keep telling me to take it. I have never upped my dose. I have wondered how much good it is doing because of the tolerance that I would have built up, but when I cut the 1/2 pill into about a quarter I have more spasticity it seems. I still have some spasticity, but not as much. I often just cut a little corner off the 1/2 pill in order to cut down on my medication.
    Virginia

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Virginia and Laz:
    My doc said not to do either ativan or Valium more than 3, 4tops, weekly to avoid tolerance and addiction. Tolerance means the drug becomes less effective, needing to increase dose, and becomes ineffective and yet the body is addicted to it. That’s why I don’t use it daily...
    What do your docs say?
    My docs know that I tolerate a lot before I even take the drug they have prescribed so I don’t get much warning anymore. My neuro gave me 5 mg pills and I am crushing them and taking half a pill which eases but does not stop the pain. My 4 spasms come very 3 or 4 weeks and hang around for a number of days.
    Of the 30 5 mg Valium pills I got 4 months ago I still have 7.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12