Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, thought about you. Just saw a picture of a mountain lion that broke into someone's home in Sonora, Ca. It was just lying on the bathroom floor like it was right at home. Authorities were called to get it out, which they did with a stern warning about the break-in.
    Virginia

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Jeanie, I know how important this is to you.
    Only you know whether your body can cooperate with your mind. ...

I spent several days in JAX when I was doing the Mayo. I liked what I saw :)

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~

Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere.

Will you have help with packing and loading up your van? I'm sure it is simultaneously exciting and anxiety-producing. But, you have it all planned, and you have done well going places and driving around town to warm up for the long drive.

All of us will be thinking of you on Saturday and throughout the weekend. So, your van will be crowded with virtual passengers. If you have internet access, I hope that you will post to let us know you arrived safely and fill us in on your adventure.

I happen to know very personally two incredible Angels, who will be watching over you.

Safe travels, dear Jeanie.

ANN ~

How kind of Peter to be concerned. Please give him my thanks. Jim, who is also a fixer, is concerned too, but he feels strongly that all will work out and be well. I agree with him.

Virginia ~

I don't know what I would do, if I walked into our house and found a mountain lion chilling on the bathroom floor. I think the first thing I'd do is ask Jim, "Honey, do you happen to know how this got in here?"

I guess the police let the lion off lightly, because it was his first offense.

Sending healing, comforting prayers to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am all of a sudden having computer problem.

Using iPhone now. I can not get to PMs on phone so if any information comes through about arrangements for Cat I can only get to it on regular threads. Someone post that y’all have it.

Thanks

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Have figured out how to get to messages on iPhone. Ignore above I post.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Fixed my computer problem - at least for now. Rose between the two of us, we would make a good team working on computers and iPads.

Ignore both of the two post above. Worked and worked on this computer earlier and couldn't get it done, but finally came back in and worked some more and here I am, hopefully to stay.
    Virginia

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Computer problems are a pain in the bun-bucket! (I just made up that silly term . . . I'm sure you get the gist!)

Speaking of mountain lions, a friend who I haven't seen in awhile came for a visit yesterday. She lives in the next town on a couple of acres by a small lake. Her grandson, who lives with her, came home from work at 9 p.m. one night last week and as he was getting out of the car, he noticed a huge mountain lion lying by the house! He quickly got back in the car and waited for 40 minutes for it to get up and leave! She has also found prints in her yard. She has lived there for 35+ years and hasn't seen a mountain lion in at least 20 years. There seem to be too many around these days!

Jeanie - have a safe trip and enjoy your reunion. You have worked hard and deserve it!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, watched the Country Music program last night and really enjoyed it. I am sorry I missed the first ones. I did not think of it, but even though I was kind of busy those nights I could have recorded them.

I can't imagine anyone living and being in high school or dating in the 60s who would not remember "Crazy" by Patsy Cline. She had such a clear voice. I might have an album of her that a friend gave me after DH passed away. I am not sure. At her urging we went to see a movie about Patsy Cline and it turned out to be the last movie we went to.

I went alone in the late 90s or early 2000s to the movie about Johnny Cash. I think the name of it was "I'll Walk The Line". I think among all my albums up stairs I have one by him that my husband bought while we were in Germany. When we were in Europe, back then it was hard to find new albums and we got what we could from the P.X. We didn't have T.V. All we had was a radio and record player. Now I don't have a record player or turn table because everything went to CDs.

When Elvis died I had a first cousin who was manager of a record store. She bought me 3 or 4 Elvis records. Until he died I did not have any. I have got a lot of records upstairs, but I don't remember what they are. I am going to go through them sometime and see what I have.

I will watch the episode Sunday or record it if I can not watch it.
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, I would think your friend would be getting afraid to go in her yard. That would be really scary and if she has occasion to be out after dark I think it would be scary to go home.

I agree there seem to be getting to be too many around. I hope your DH is very cautious when he goes out since one has already been seen in the neighborhood.
    Virginia

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Virginia, the PBS country music documentary is bound to be repeated. I’ll let you know if I see it listed again.

I took Lily Cat to the vet today. It was a routine visit because all cats in the state must have a rabies vaccination every year. The visit turned out to cost $324 because the doctor did a blood panel for elderly cats! That won’t happen again unless she’s looking for a specific thing with a specific test.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819