Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I had already set up two possible rides with a return pickup time at 1:15--figuring that I'd have over an hour for the appointment that I thought was at 12:00. But since it's 12:30, the doctor's office says I might not make it out by 1:15.

I can't imagine that the doctor would spend that much time with me either since I have no issues to discuss other than vitamin D. But if she's running late, I can see why I might not be out by 1:15.

I've noticed that many doctors schedule patients for a certain amount of time (20 minutes, an hour) and they seem to like to stick to that schedule as much as possible, as anyone would. But they do run late quite often.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Makes sense to me. My Neuro that I was handed over to several years ago is about 5 min. and that is it.

Glad you mentioned vitamin D. I need to order vitamins from Vita Cost and this reminded me.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I am driving the 300 miles to Jacksonville on Saturday the 21st. Neither son can go and I want to drive it. I used to go every few weeks when Mother was alive.

I will get to see my sister in law and my brother. Quite a few of those attending I have not seen in years. I am really happy to be going. I just made reservations at a Holiday Inn near the restaurant and asked for a roll in shower.

Doing my exercises have made me stronger and I had the cruise control on my van fixed, so the trip should be good. Jeanie :)

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Beyond a doubt the most amazing woman I have ever met. Jeanie you astound me. I am beginning to understand all the many things you have done in your life. It is that strong determination and zest for life that you have.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jeanie, as I read your post my mouth was hanging open in astonishment. You have clearly been working hard on your recovery. A trip of 300 miles would take several hours, right? I hope you have a plan for taking a couple of breaks along the way.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Jim eats all of the foods you listed, which is probably why his potassium level is adequate, although he also has to take a supplement, because he's on Lasix.

I hope you're able to change your transportation times without any difficulty. Don't be hard on yourself. With the possible exception of Howie, no one is perfect. You have a lot of things happening in your world, and I think you manage it all beautifully.

When I make appointments, I have a pad/pencil handy. I scribble all the info (like for Jim's tests, when he needs to stop eating before a CT scan), including the time. Then, I read it all back to the person with whom I'm making the appointment to make sure I have it right. There have been plenty of occasions, when I didn't.

I also dropped half of Jon's Ativan tablets, which was his rescue drug for seizures and insomnia, on the floor. I scraped them up and put them in a bag labeled "floor Ativan," only because I didn't want to run out and knew a refill could be a challenge.

Stuff happens. You're fine.

Sunshine ~

I hope your IVIg went well. I was thinking of you and sending healing energy.

ANN ~

Glad your hubby returned to you safely. How is your mom?

Virginia ~

Something happened a few days ago, and I said, "Y'all just ain't going to believe this!" I had told Jim your cute joke previously, and we laughed. Thank you.

If it were not for Jim reminding me that the van needs to be serviced, I wouldn't think of it either. Obviously, I didn't, as we had a very old battery, which conked out on us on our driveway, thankfully. I never noticed that our back tire was flat, until a neighbor mentioned it to me on my way home from my walk.

It's easy to just not think about those things, when your mind is full of so many other issues, problems, concerns, appointments, etc. I understand. I was just giving you a tiny nudge, because I love you and am worried about you.

I do think you need to see your physician, have some blood work done, since you have newer symptoms that could be related to a change in your blood tests, and this itching madness that you've been enduring for so long. I just really want you to have relief and feel better.

Then, I will feel better. So, if you need to do it on behalf of someone other than yourself, do it for me.

Jeanie ~

I echo Virginia's post. You are truly amazing.

I hope that between now and 9/21, you will have opportunities to drive a few extra miles to get used to driving 300 miles. How long has it been since you've driven to Jacksonville? How many hours behind the wheel is that for you? Is your van serviced and in tip top shape? Do your have roadside service with AAA or your auto insurance?

Because I'm a professional worrier, I think about these things. I just want you to be safe.

Is there anyone in your circle, who might be able to accompany you? How about your neighbor, who helped you with the garbage bin? Maybe you could approach her with, "Hey, you want to go on a road trip?"

That's so great that you are keeping up with your exercises. I'm sorry you can't get representation on your case. That is so unfair.

Sending healing, positive energy to all and keeping you in our prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

With the possible exception of Howie, no one is perfect.
    I hate to quibble about the wording of your post, Rose, but you surely don't need the word "possible" in that sentence....

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Jeanie,
    You are a force to contend with and what you are doing is heroic! I recall your telling us your history pre-MS and even then you were living a large adventure!
    And now, beaten up with an unpredictable beastly illness with all kinds of obstacles, you set your sights on Jax!
    I will wave to you as you zoom by my area on the interstate and wish you smooth traffic all of he way.

Tell me more about your van set up DH wants me to get one, but I hate to give up my small hybrid car that can stow a longboard in it and has a unique unreproducible sticker on it with all kinds of stories attached to it :)

Do you use hand controls? Tell me more, if you have the time and inclination...

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Yesterday was IVIG day.

Armed with three consecutive ativans and zofran, i breezed through the 8 hours of restful infusion. Didn’t even get to read, just vegged out, staring off, thinking of who knows what. Just looking for lovely moments of peace and reverie.

After, I was walking so much better, mood was better. Still walking better today.

Will stop the Rapiflo for 3 days to see if its causing the Nausea and the weakness...

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Rose, you said it wrong😂. It is more like “y’all just ain’t gonna believe this”. Leave the “going to” out. Remember to talk slow and don’t pronounce each word too clearly. Kind of string them out like you are a little on the lazy side.

Have to teach y’all the right way to speak like us Southerners.😀

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast