Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Sweet Virginia :)

I forgot to add, buy cans of shelled walnuts. Mix with Raisins and a pinch of salt: Makes a filling snack, lots of good calories.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

If you're doing Sunshine's suggestion, you can throw in some cereal like Wheaties or bran flakes or even rolled oats, along with chopped up dried apricots too. I often eat one of these mixtures (often called muesli or bircher muesli--it's a Swiss invention, I think) for breakfast with milk added but you can just use it as a snack. Dried cranberries ("craisins") are good too.

Add some wheat germ too.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I get cans of beans that have pull top lids . There are more and more like this. Kidney beans, butter beans, chick peas......so many.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

My goodness I could eat forever on these suggestions. Thanks everyone wish I had read all these before Laura went to the store for me. I love walnuts and now I want some with raisins. I got more almonds and a jar of peanut butter, some crackers and bread and some milk and yogurt in hopes power stays on.

Talked much of the afternoon with my former husband. He seems to have calmed down so much as he has gotten older. He is very satisfied with Hospice and says so far it has been a good relationship

He is unable to go to a grocery store but was telling me all about things you can get to snack on that I didnít even know existed. He said different people had told him about these things.

He lives close to the coast, very, very close to Wrightsville Beach. He is not evacuating. He really isnít able though he didnít say that. He is going to stay alone, which doesnít make me very happy. He asked who was going to stay with me and I told that was different because I donít live at the beach.

Good conversation but still leaves me sad.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

Now you have ideas for what to keep on hand, in case there's another hurricane. Canned goods last quite awhile, so I'd invest in those first.

Also, I was thinking about a fondue pot to warm up food. That might work during a power outage.

I'm thankful that your former husband is calmer and is receiving good hospice care. I'm praying that you and he stay safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I've seen this stuff around but never used it. I've often thought it might be handy in a power outage though--Sterno?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterno

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Interesting Agate, I guess it would be for small things. Doesnít look like anything large could be cooked on it.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

OMG! Dorian just updated to a cat 3 again. My ex husband now in path. He is about 2 miles from Wrightsville Beach which is one of the spots they think it will come ashore. I canít believe he is going to be alone in this. Very concerned.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, I hope he can stay out of it somehow.

Hope he can keep in contact with the outside world by phone at least. And he's in a place where there are people in charge of taking care of him, is he? Or is he in the kind of hospice that comes to the home regularly?

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Wasn't Sterno something alcoholic bums used to drink that blinded them, or killed them?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast