Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: September Chit/Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Continuing to pray for you all, Sunshine, Jeanie, Virginia and possibly Howie, that Dorian will diminish, and you will all be safe.

agate ~ I think you should send your printer to Antiques Roadshow. Or the Smithsonian. Or maybe Guinness World Records. We've been through at least 6 printers in the last 17 years! Your machine is a marvel. I think it ate the paper just to tell you it wanted a rest.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

You may be right, Rose. I didn't find much information online about this printer but I did learn that laser printers like this one have a little belt in their innards that wears out. It becomes smooth and shiny and at that point it "can cause paper jams." I'm guessing that that may be what happened.

I hope whoever gets it is very clever at teasing paper out. It's all folded up inside, accordion-like. It's probably only half of one sheet of paper but it's a challenge.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Def dodged the bullet here. We will evacuate well before next predicted Cat 3/4 or above. Will either go inland to Orlando/Tampa and take everything with us, or go on plane to oldest child in major city outside of florida depending on path and figure out how to bring a lot of meds including liquid meds, manage pain, figure out the bowel issue...
    This was a good wake up call, staring down the barrel at a possible Cat 4 direct hit. For both of us.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I am blessed. Both my roofs stayed on. Finally last night at 9 they quit doing the all channels hurricane shows.

Andy came and took my shutters down and gave Lacy a bath. I am just relaxing today. Lacy and I are both more relaxed now. Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers. Jeanie :)

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

So relieved to know everything is alright with Sunshine and Jeanie. Now if this monster would just go out to sea, but certainly not looking that way right now. They are saying it is heading for N.C. They think whatever I get will be in my area tomorrow, probably late and will hang around until sometime Friday.

In same situation Jeanie was in. Nothing but hurricane news on TV.

Laura is here and is going to stay an extra hour in order to go to store for me. I donít know what to get. I can only think of peanut butter and crackers and some nuts. Anything I could cook ahead of time would not keep out of refrigerator.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, do you like beef jerky? I've never tried it but seen it often in stores.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

THere are some good canned goods. Canned tuna, canned chicken, canned minced clams, ... Progresso makes a good chowder like soup that requires no water added, has beans, chicken, beef, whatever you choos.

Get small cans of garbanzo beans and black beans: filling and has protein in it. Mash it with olive oil to the consistency of peanut butter. Eat as is, or smear on bread or crackers.

Put some cooked stuff in freezer, like pieces of chicken... it will at least be good for a day as it defrosts.

Get a small canned ham. You can eat it that day, pitch the rest, if desperate for some meat.

I think hard cheese keeps on a counter, right?

Pieces of fruit that keep, like apples.

At publix they have packages of BOARS head bacon already cooked. Once you open the package you have to fridge it. But the box has two separate packages. I think there are about 10 strips per packet. Likely other brands too.

Simply Protein Snack bars (in my store they were next to Boost) have loads of protein in it, and are tasty. Not high in carbs either. ...all wholesome ingredients. I got lots of those...

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I have never tried it either Agate, but it doesn't sound very appetizing.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Do any of your stores carry Orgain shakes? No refrigeration needed, full of healthy, nutritious whole plant foods.

How about: individual containers of diced peaches, pears, etc.; raisins; oranges, apples, mangoes, celery, carrots, tomatoes; energy bars; healthy muffins?

Mashing garbanzo with oil makes hummus! I'd add some garlic or garlic powder, onion powder, or any kind of spice you enjoy.

And don't forget chocolate!

I hope that Dorian doesn't hit you hard (or at all), Virginia.

Sunshine and Jeanie ~

So grateful that you were spared. Hope you can both relax now and get back to your regular routines.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Since it has now been well established that I speak with a very Southern accent I will tell you all the answer to a question.

The question is What is the difference between a Northern Lady and a Southern Lady when they tell a Fairy Tell?

The Northern Lady starts out: "Once Upon a Time"

The Southern Lady starts out: "Y'all Just Ain't Goin Believe This"
    Last edited by Virginia; 09-04-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Virginia

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast