Thread: Reintroducing myself, I'm back :)

Default Reintroducing myself, I'm back :)

Hello BT people. I havent posted in the forums for a long, long time, its nice to be back. I joined Braintalk way back in 2004 after having an aneurysm burst in the right frontal part of my brain then 10 days later a massive stroke in the same area. Braintalk saved me (weird,eh?) When I got out of rehab, 3 months after the initial incident I was pretty much gaga, I could walk and read(both had to be done slowly, with concentration), typing with one hand veeery slowly and my short term memory was shot. But, this is where BT come in. My husband had bought me a computer when I got home and he found an article in a Neurological magazine about this patient led website with forums and chatrooms. So I checked it out. My first visit was to find other aneurysm/stroke survivors, sadly, there was no one in those chatrooms. The only room that seemed active was the Tourettes chatroom, so I stepped in to find the most wonderfully supportive group of people. I was amazed at how cheerful everyone was. We laughed, joked, told funny stories and founded lasting friendships. Because I wanted to be involved in the conversations I was forced to think fast, follow more than one conversation at a time, think of a response, type it and watch the page for replies. I'm convinced that this is the reason I recovered as well and as quickly as I did. So, thanks BT and all its members! Theres no better site online for support, information or education than our own Brain talk. Watch for more from me in the near future. On the personal side, I'm Canadian, from Nova Scotia ( prettiest place on the planet) I have 4 kids and 7 grandkids. And..Life is pretty darned good.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey durkee!

welcome back to bt!

i remember you from the ts chatroom, back in the days i call "camelot". it truly was a wonderful time. i found the ts chatroom around 1999-2000. my kids were grown up, my husband worked and i had time on my hands.

i'm sorry i didn't know you went through all that, a burst aneurysm and stroke. it didn't really matter that ts wasn't a problem you had, everybody WAS very cheerful and welcoming.

glad you're back.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

4. The following user says "thanks"