Reintroducing myself, I'm back :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reintroducing myself, I'm back :)

Hello BT people. I havent posted in the forums for a long, long time, its nice to be back. I joined Braintalk way back in 2004 after having an aneurysm burst in the right frontal part of my brain then 10 days later a massive stroke in the same area. Braintalk saved me (weird,eh?) When I got out of rehab, 3 months after the initial incident I was pretty much gaga, I could walk and read(both had to be done slowly, with concentration), typing with one hand veeery slowly and my short term memory was shot. But, this is where BT come in. My husband had bought me a computer when I got home and he found an article in a Neurological magazine about this patient led website with forums and chatrooms. So I checked it out. My first visit was to find other aneurysm/stroke survivors, sadly, there was no one in those chatrooms. The only room that seemed active was the Tourettes chatroom, so I stepped in to find the most wonderfully supportive group of people. I was amazed at how cheerful everyone was. We laughed, joked, told funny stories and founded lasting friendships. Because I wanted to be involved in the conversations I was forced to think fast, follow more than one conversation at a time, think of a response, type it and watch the page for replies. I'm convinced that this is the reason I recovered as well and as quickly as I did. So, thanks BT and all its members! Theres no better site online for support, information or education than our own Brain talk. Watch for more from me in the near future. On the personal side, I'm Canadian, from Nova Scotia ( prettiest place on the planet) I have 4 kids and 7 grandkids. And..Life is pretty darned good.

hey durkee!

welcome back to bt!

i remember you from the ts chatroom, back in the days i call "camelot". it truly was a wonderful time. i found the ts chatroom around 1999-2000. my kids were grown up, my husband worked and i had time on my hands.

i'm sorry i didn't know you went through all that, a burst aneurysm and stroke. it didn't really matter that ts wasn't a problem you had, everybody WAS very cheerful and welcoming.

glad you're back.

jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Thanks! Lovely to see your name again, Tic <3. And yes, the TS room was warm and welcoming. Unlike the weather here today. I'm in the middle of a winter snow/sleet/ice/rain storm...ahh, winter on the East Coast, never a dull moment.

Comment

Welcome back, durkee! I think I remember your name. I've been here since 2001 but didn't often look into any other forums except for MS back in the good old days because the MS board was very busy, so busy I found it hard to keep up with.

You must have had a very grim time with the ruptured aneurysm and the stroke. My daughter and a couple of neighbors had ruptured brain aneurysms. It sounds as if your recovery has been slow but steady--and let's hope you'll have good health from now on.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Welcome back! I probably wasn't here the last time you were part of the group. I have Cerebral Palsy which is a bit like a stroke and I wrote a film based on a teacher friend of mine who survived a stroke a few years ago that you can watch for free here Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I would be happy to talk about stroke stuff with you if you want to. I know of some good stroke related books etc. One of them called "True Strength" by Kevin Sorbo is about how he also survived an aneurysm and stroke so it may be of interest to you. I'm very sorry you had a stroke but I'm so glad you recovered well. Prayers that you have good health.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            X