Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beth Israel/Deaconess parking at Shapiro garage...98 binned st. Anyone from Boston?

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Beth Israel/Deaconess parking at Shapiro garage...98 binned st. Anyone from Boston?

So, tomorrow John goes to cardiologist at Beth Israel/ Deaconess. Last time we went our driver dropped us off on 300 Brookline Ave. (I think)
    This time the nurse told me we should get dropped off at the Shapiro garage and that there were elevators in the garage to take us to the 7th floor for the appointment. In the wild hope that someone here knows what I am talking about I woundered if we are left at the 98 Binney street drop off at the Shapiro garage how far we have to walk to get to the elevators.

Maybe someone knows. I have pretty good info. And I hire a limo service to take us so my driver finds the address. It’s just the garage layout I am wondering about.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 08-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't know if this would be of any help but

https://www.bidmc.org/-/media/rich-t...rev-201902.jpg

I'm not exactly from Boston but lived there years ago.
    Last edited by agate; 08-12-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if this would be of any help but

https://www.bidmc.org/-/media/rich-t...rev-201902.jpg

I'm not exactly from Boston but lived there years ago.
    Thanks. That is helpful to see but I am still trying to figure out where exactly the elevators are in the garage once we get dropped off. It doesn’t show that does it? I am sure all will be well. This is exactly where they told me to go.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

5. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Have them drop you at the front door for the Shapiro Building at 98 Binney Street. That is the lobby. On your left (about 20-30 feet) you will find the elevators to the next level lobby. Go up one level and go around the corner to your left to find the main elevators that will take you to the 7th floor (about 30 feet of walking). There should be wheelchairs in both lobbies

There is a Starbucks on the lower lobby, and some sort of snack area on the upper lobby.

I have never parked in the garage, but the enterance seems to be well marked.
    Last edited by Ikoiko; 08-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Blog Entries

https://www.bidmc.org/-/media/files/...tcampusmap.pdf

If you look at the map on the left, in the middle there is mention of a couple of elevators. Looks as if they're less than 100 feet from the Binney St. entrance (using the legend in the top right).

I've been to that place (applying for a job) but it was years ago. It was huge and complex then and I'm sure is far more huge and complex now. Those big hospitals try to make an effort to help you navigate. A call to their Information Desk might be the best way to find out.
    Last edited by agate; 08-12-2019 at 12:25 PM.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoiko View Post
    Have them drop you at the front door for the Shapiro Building at 98 Binney Street. That is the lobby. On your left (about 20-30 feet) you will find the elevators to the next level lobby. Go up one level and go around the corner to your left to find the main elevators that will take you to the 7th floor (about 30 feet of walking). There should be wheelchairs in both lobbies

There is a Starbucks on the lower lobby, and some sort of snack area on the upper lobby.

I have never parked in the garage, but the enterance seems to be well marked.
    Thank you for the detail. Perfect.
    Linda~~~~

Blog Entries

There's nothing quite like personal experience of a place. The maps on the Deaconess/Beth Israel Website are a nightmare to decipher.

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    There's nothing quite like personal experience of a place. The maps on the Deaconess/Beth Israel Website are a nightmare to decipher.

I feel so much better with the detailed explanation! I called several times but could not get people to understand that I would not be going into the garage. I use a livery service and the same driver all the time. Since we do not know how long we will be there I hired him for the whole day. So yes, I am spending a fortune but having to figure out any other way would be a nightmare. My driver takes good care of me and that is the luxury I choose to give myself....
    Linda~~~~

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Linda and John)))))) ~

Being well cared for is not a luxury. It's something you deserve and need.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. I pray that all is going well for John and that the day isn't too tiring for either one of you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

15. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    ((((((Linda and John)))))) ~

Being well cared for is not a luxury. It's something you deserve and need.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. I pray that all is going well for John and that the day isn't too tiring for either one of you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thank you.
    Linda~~~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast