Thread: Has been

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Has been

beautiful outside the last three days. Sunshine, clouds, breeze about 80 which I can handle. Even got some yard work done yesterday, well, before my mower decided that it was no longer moving from it's spot. THink I disengaged the drive belt going over a holey spot. Will fix that this morning and try to get more done. Seems like I get a section of the yard mowed and just as I am getting ready to start a new section something happens with the mower. Got a big spot done day before yesterday and when I stopped and trimmed the willow it decided not to start again for the ride back to the house. So I waited and things working here the way they do it started up first try yesterday. Got 2 sections done yesterday and as soon as I was done and was heading towards the house I stopped for a second to disengage the blade and raise the deck and it refused to move in either direction. I got my fat ass down on the ground and checked the belt. All looked fine so was frustrated and left the dang thing in the middle of the front yard. Then later on I remembered there was a pulley I forgot to check that has to be lowered to check to see if it is connected. I forgot that part. So this morning, time allowing for proper Saturday mower starting, I will go back out there and get on the ground and check it again. My woods is a mess, the neighbors have their blinds closed so they don;t have to look at it LOL.

Saw my psych and finally told him i was absolutely miserable and have been for a long time. I wanted to stop the Effexor as it was totally ineffective so got Trintillex, never heard of it. So second day of Trintellix, felt a little on edge yesterday but I noticed that my OCDs were not bothering me so much and I was able to just sit and chill without focusing on any particular bad thing. Usually my thoughts race with all my inadequacies, all that should be getting done, yesterday morning wasn't too bad. The neurontin gives me a bit of energy and improves my mood also. Told doc I had changed the way I was taking it with two in the a.m. and one at night and he gave his stamp of approval. Also saw Nan, have not seen her since September they said, we were both blown away hadn't thought it had been that long. Psych is firm believer in therapy so I see Nan again in about three weeks and Psych also so he can check on this med thing we're trying. We're, LOL like he will suffer with me. He also raised my Latuda to 60mg at dinner time. I am going to have to take it properly. I was taking it at bedtime but you are supposed to have so many calories in your stomach in order for it to be effective and though I snack at bedtime I know I am not always consuming 375 calories every night. We eat a late dinner so I am pretty sure I have a little but probably not the full. I loved it when I first started taking it so I am hoping all of this works. Getting my doc appts taken care of. I have been putting them off because my car is broken down. Thank God my insurance pays for transportation to appts., pharmacy, grocery stores. I have been utilizing them for docs and once for the pharmacy. It is a pain if I have to wait for pick up to go back home but it is better than nothing.

Finally went to PM and am scheduled for trigger point injections and am waiting for back injection appt to be scheduled. Got my muscle relaxer script back. Knee injections are still holding which really is truly such a relief. Not being able to walk sucks. I fear I may wind up in a wheel chair in the future. Not really a candidate for knee surgery.

Still haven't heard from Brandon, think it's been two weeks maybe a little more. He'll get over himself. Probably when he wants something.

Jared has been really sick, first his allergies have been horrible this year and I am sure they are exacerbated by having cats. One or two was not bad right now we have 6, 4 of which are ours. He has allergy meds but now his allergies have turned into the flu, he has been sleeping for two days because he feels so horrible. Yesterday he managed to stay up and was up at 1:30 when I got up to use the bathroom. As soon as my car is fixed he has a job waiting for him and I think he is looking forward to it. He is rotting in this house. I wanted him to go to college but we both need a school break so he wants to get a job and we checked and his TIP scholarship is good until he is 21. So he has time. We could use the extra income. He may just save us for now.

Have finally gotten utilities down to a manageable amount so my anxiety over bills is lightened. Christmas screws me every year. I wind up playing catch up for the rest of the year.

Not a whole lot else to babble about unless I was to have a whole conversation with each of yous.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Wishing you well.
    Everything I "think" I know or understand is garbage. My PM clinic called me and they want me back in Monday … they are trying injections again. Hurrah!!

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sitting here listening to the dog bark at nothing. A common event. Though it is seven in the a.m. and I try to keep him quiet until later. Been getting up about six thirty, seven. guess this is my new routine. I stopped letting my anxiety get me up at four and staying up. Smoking some medical marijuana has done wonders for that. Numbs the leg pain and sometimes I can make it without having to pee lol. The neurontin in the morning takes the edge off of my leg pains so I can get stuff done and it gives me a little energy. Don't know why because everyone that I talked to said it made them tired. Guess I can chalk that up to my funky med reactions. The Trintillex I have yet to make up my mind. It really has taken a huge chunk out of my OCD fixation with my skin picking and my letter counting. Not bothering me near as much. It does make me feel a bit on edge but I am hoping that will go away after I have been taking it for a while.

Was at Vein and Vascular doc yesterday. Told him the compression socks just make things worse so now he wants to do vein ablation for my chronic venous insufficiency. Lots of long needles to put my leg to sleep then he burn the bad vein. I am scared to death. The nurse left my medical page open and there was a list of my issues, which most of nobody told me. Dyslipidemia, PVD with Claudication, Essential hypertension. And a couple more. I wrote them all down to look them up. These damn docs talk amongst themselves but don't tell me anything so when I go back I am putting them on the spot. The heart doctor wants me to come back for another carotid scan now they say I am forty percent blocked on both sides. I am so confused, when I originally had the scans done the heart doc made like everything was all relatively good.

Well crap now I got myself all worked up and have to stop.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

hello there oh how I wish you could just forget about what you read.. I myself use to look up things way before computer. I bought medical books etc and all this did was increase my anxieties andmore. did not really help anything. I have discovered a lot of times it just calls for more medication and that even has diastorus results. I did say my spelling mistakes were going out as they were didin't I lol.

geeze after years on metformin I am now having to stop taking that. and was given a pill for headaches which had returned. and after stopping the metformin the headaches also stopped. the doctor did not even toss that into the bag of troubles the metformin was casusig. so now I have still yet anther drug to add to my in home pharmacy I cannot take. well just my thoughts along with my pains speaking. I wish you well.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"