Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remembering Jonathan

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, you have been so smart. I am feeling better about you and Jim. I just love that version of "This Little Light of Mine" and Johnathan does too. He is still saying "You Go Mom", it will take more time, but you are going to be alright." That is what he wants you to know.
    Virginia

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

Thank you so much. We are feeling better too. Yesterday, Jim sat in Jon's room for a little while, with the window open, sea breeze wafting, looking at our boys' gardens, thinking about the planting in Jon's garden, talking to Jon.

The grimness and sadness in his room are replaced with light and beautiful memories of Jonathan's life.

Perhaps the most difficult impact on me after losing Michael, and now Jonathan, is that they don't need me anymore. That is a blessing for them, of course, but after caring for them all of their lives, my hands are reaching for ways to care for them still. Their memorials, gardens, and keeping their rooms clean and filled with their spirits is my best way to care for them now.

This is a process, which Jim and I will endure for the rest of our lives, however long that may be. During that process, we'll have good days and not so good days, but we will continue to strive to find ways to heal our broken hearts and celebrate our beautiful sons.

And, I do believe that Jonathan and Michael are happy to see the progress we've made in helping ourselves to heal a little.

Jonathan was a major Bruce fan. He has the DVD of the concert from which that song was taken. That is Jim's favorite Bruce DVD. We sang all the songs with Jonathan, and we danced. We let our little light shine.

We send you healing prayers, Virginia and thanks for your loving support.

Keep letting your little light shine ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Five Months

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I has been 5 months today, since Jonathan received his wings.

While so much has happened in our lives since that day, Jim and I agree that we can’t believe that it has been that long. It seems like just a few days ago, as our memory of his passing is still vivid and fresh. Forever imprinted on our broken hearts.

We know that Jonathan and Michael are watching over us. This morning, I woke up to check on Jim and fell back to sleep to a very busy dream with Jim, me and our boys, plus lots of others. It was a good, but very active dream.

We have no idea why Jim is faring as well as he is, and we believe our boys are intervening on his behalf. We have no doubts that Michael intervened many times for Jonathan through the years. Jon just kept defying the odds and amazing his ICU physicians, nurses and therapists.

Every stressful crisis we’ve faced from Jim’s health issues to electronic problems to van problems and so on, we’ve had a quick and easy resolution, with the help of our wonderful friends, and very kind people, who provide us with services.

Whether here, there, or everywhere, we are all one. The four of us are a unit, and we can never be separated.

In their honor today, here are two songs, which we sang to Jonathan and Michael, and they loved:

Blue Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWg6soESiI8

Your Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvQHzEw0sQM

We give thanks every day for the blessings of Jonathan and Michael and pray for strength, comfort and peace until we are reunited.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

6. The following user says "thanks"

This made my day! What a lovely picture of your boys! I'm quite certain they're your angels watching over you and Jim. Can't believe it's been 5 months. Thanks for sharing with us.

Mary Grace

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Thank you so much. Aren't they adorable. Jonathan put his arm around Michael to help him sit up. Michael was filled with joy and love. Jonathan looked at the camera with that smile. So close, so loving to each other, so strong and brave, and filled with Light.

A lifetime and beyond of devotion to each other. Now they are reunited, and I know that they are together, safe and free in God's Arms.

We can't believe that it's been 5 months either. Time is such a peculiar thing, and as we grow older, it moves faster.

Our prayers are with you, Kathleen, and your beautiful family. We send our love.

Love & Light,

Rose

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Ohhh that photo, Rose! Thank you so much for sharing your sweet treasures over the years. I know that I feel I know them so well. Sending much love xoxo Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Donna)))))) ~

Thank you so much!

So many photos of Jonathan and Michael seem to capture the light around their heads. I've always seen halos there, of course. Every time I look at that photo, I can hear Michael giggling. He had the cutest laugh. Jonathan was being Big Brother to Michael, so he was being a tad more serious.

We miss them so very much. It's really difficult some days more than others. I'm just so exhausted from everything going on with the iPad and computer, and a million other things, it interferes with being allowed to simply grieve as I should.

Thank you for everything, Donna. Our love and prayers to you, Jim, Nick, Natalie and your family.

Love & Light,

Rose

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123