Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Remembering Jonathan

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, Sending you love and hugs! Happy Birthday to your angel boys. You have honored their memory in so many ways. Crying in the shower can be very theraputic. I'm so glad you can share pictures and stories here with us. Because of your boys and the life you've had with them and the joy they brought to you, you are able to see and feel what those around you need. I agree with Virgina it's a true gift and you are using it beautifully every day. Thank you for always sharing the ups and downs.
    Mary Grace

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia and Mary Grace ~

Thank you for your love and prayers. It means everything to us to know that you are walking beside us on our journey.

Indeed, Jonathan and Michael defined my life's purpose. I am a caregiver. They taught me how to love unconditionally, and from them I learned how difficult life is, when everything isn't just perfect. I understand suffering, pain, fear, and absolute courage.

My training and experience as a journalist, teacher, and counselor taught me how to listen carefully to others. I tend to absorb others' pain, feeling complete empathy. I have listened to so many life stories, many heart-breaking and gut wrenching. And because I am Jonathan's and Michael's mother, I understand.

When I reflect upon my life, I can see clearly that God laid out a specific path for me. He blessed me with my two Angels, and he gave me the tools to be their advocate and to help others. I am so grateful for these blessings.

My life hasn't been easy, but then, whose life has been?

No one here on BrainTalk has had an easy life.

We are here on Earth for two reasons. We all share the same purpose: to learn and to love.

And here we are on BT everyday doing just that.

Oh, and Virginia, thank you for mentioning counseling grieving parents. I actually did that on line for about 6 years, after Michael passed. I wrote a monthly column on a grieving parents website, which also had a forum. I have all of my columns and have attempted a few times to organize them into a book. They would need extensive editing now, as I used the forum members (we had about 2,000 grieving parents) as my study group, giving questionnaires and turning that into a column topic. My guess is that the statistics from then would still apply now. That is why I titled my column, "Common Threads."

I have grieved for all of my family members, so many wonderful friends, my sons' friends from school, pets, and, of course, my beautiful sons. Without question, grieving for my children is more painful and difficult than any other grief. And every grieving parent will verify that truth. Nothing compares to losing your child.

Most grieving parents will also say that losing their spouse (usually a husband, as few men frequent these grief forums) was the closest to their grief for losing their child. The combined grief was overwhelming.

I know where I've been, where I am, and what is waiting.

This is the path I was given. I will walk it, bent over, crawl, whatever is required to follow this path to its end. Every time I give, I receive. Yes, every time.

I leave you with the wisdom of John:

A couple of years ago, as John was helping us turn Jonathan, relieving Jim, we thanked him profusely. He asked us to stop praising him.

He replied, "I love you, I love Jon, and I am able to help you. This is easy for me. But it is so important to you as a family. You need help, and I can help you. It's a blessing for me. Anyone, who gets the chance to help you is blessed. And, if everyone in the world helped just one person, imagine what a wonderful world it would be. Just one person."

That sums up everyone's purpose.

And here we are on BT, helping each other. Fulfilling our purpose in so many ways.

We love you all and send you and your loved ones healing energy and prayers for strength no matter what may come your way.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234