Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am having a significant health event. I might be thin around here for several days...not to worry. Could end up in a health care facility. Or not. Also, supposed to get IVIG all day tomorrow and hoping that works out. ...
    Sunshine,
    I hope you feel better soon. So sorry you are suffering.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
    We are growing lemon and melon cucumbers, and can’t believe the yield of the crop. Almost every day we are harvesting 5 or 6 of each. Soon they will peak and produce more!
    The tomato plants are late in ripening this year, we have about 15 plants in our yard!
    My sunflowers have reached about 14’. I am dwarfed by their presence.
    My cannabis plants are looking pretty good too, but they have a few more months to go before they are done.
    Keep that summer sun shining down!
    I grow Persian cucumbers. They are Seedless and crisp. And as SSusan always told my customers: “in this case size really does not matter” the skin is thin. I like them best and often make a salad with Persian cucumbers and blueberries and a white vinegarette dressing. Yum
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I grew Lemon and Minature White cucumbers. Both are thin skinned and not bitter. I’ll do them
    Both again next year.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sunshine ~

I'm sending many prayers and healing, positive energy your way. Hoping, with you, that your IVIg works out tomorrow.

ANN ~

So glad that your mom is recovering well, and I hope that you are able to coordinate everything easily.

Congratulations on your productive garden! I envy you, Lazarus, and firehorse having fresh produce.

More than 20 years ago, Jim planted a variety of crops in our backyard, even corn. Our neighbor called him "Farmer Jim" with a condescending tone, like that was an insult. Now, his wife attempts to grow tomatoes and peppers on their front patio. Unfortunately, she wasn't very successful this year.

Yes, Jim's favorite cucumber is an English cucumber. I haven't heard of lemon or melon cucumbers. I'll bet they are yummy too.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood my words. My "community" is the small town in which we live and work. It is where we raised our children and grandchildren and went to school and go to church. "Community" is NOT the message board that we are on where fewer than 2 dozen people read and write on a regular basis. For me, this is as close as a "support" group that I get due to my high profile in my "community" and at times I need this so please bear with me. I am sorry I made you uncomfortable and perhaps, for that reason, I may need to bow out.
    I hope you won't do any bowing out. You've had a long track record of being supportive to everyone here.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Cherie, I echo what Agate said about hoping that you will not bow out. Your input is needed on this forum. There are times when you help more of us than you realize and I hope that we are able to return a small measure of that to you. It would be a terrible loss if you were to bow out.
    Virginia

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I don't think Cat has come back on to let us know how she and TC are getting along with Maggie and Smudge. I hope it is nothing serious with Smudge's eye. We would love to know Cat how things are going now that you have had the new ones a little longer.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sending good wishes to Sunshine today. I hope IVIg is going well and that you will soon be back with us.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Cherie stay here please. Sunshine feel better.

The aide was supposed to come yesterday and help me shower. I finally called her phone and she told me I was not getting aides anymore. I had everything ready for a shower.

Today I decided I would try to shower by myself. I took the panic button and a phone to put by the shower. I pulled my scooter back up to the shower ledge. I turned the seat around and put both feet in the shower. Then I grabbed the bar with both hands and stood and got on the bath seat.

I shampooed my head good then bathed. To get out I sat on a towel on the scooter seat and lifted my feet out. I am happy that it was doable and now I can shampoo weekly. Yay! Jeanie :)

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, you are absolutely amazing. However, it scared me just to hear you tell how you did that. I assume the scooter has a break on it so that it cannot move and I am also assuming the seat cannot move out from under you. I have never looked at one up close so if all this sounds dumb, it is because I really just do not know. However, I am glad you were able to do it. Just always allow plenty of time for each step in the process that you have to take. Never get in a hurry if you continue to do this. Congratulations!
    Virginia

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast