Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

I know I've been absent. Some of that time I spend on FB. Sometimes I stop to read an link but mostly just scrolling between posts in the newsfeed. But those newsfeeds are long. I usually give up.

But I'm also on the reunion committee for our high school reunion. Its on Sept.14. I was determined to make our class directory a special souvenir. It's our 50th. Most everyone is getting an email copy, but several wanted "hard" copies.

Sustained walking and standing has become a problem. I finally bought a walker (without a seat) that folds up like an umbrella stroller. The foldable cane had its limits.

It's past midnight and I'm past tired.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, Parsi! The class reunion project sounds like an ambitious undertaking. How nice to make the directory special in honor of the occasion, and I'm sure people will appreciate it.

Those seats on walker/rollators are of limited use, at least so far as I'm concerned. Because I have no sit-down apparatus left due to MS (or maybe it's just aging but I've been this way since my late 30s), i can sit only in the special cushion that is in my wheelchair. I like to think I can stop and rest by sitting in that rollator but actually I can sit for only about 5 minutes.

nuthatch, you're making me very hungry. Time for one (or more) of those Dove chocolates.

Interesting that you have a mountain lion. When I was a kid there was often some boy in my class who came in reporting that he'd killed one. I never knew whether to believe these stories but I guess they were around in the area.

Deer must be notorious nibblers. A friend of mine was living in Maryland for quite a while. She and her husband were always planting various vegetables but the deer would come along and help themselves.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Planting gardens can be iffy around here due to deer and rabbits. If you put a fence around the garden to keep one out the other one gets in, and that is right here in town. I haven't heard of any mountain lions and I hope I don't. We have had sightings of fox and of course coyotes around here. Nuthatch you probably need to keep DH in until the mountain lion has moved into a new community.

Parsi, nice to see you. Sounds as though you are keeping busy with your high school reunion project. Good of you to do this.

Nuthatch glad you are having Labor Day company. That should be lots of fun for all of you. They get there fairly often, which is a good thing. Thanks for mentioning the chicken and everything you do with it. That gives me some ideas for what I can have next week. I had two chicken breast that I needed to do something with so I put a package of dry ranch dressing mix on them, put them in the bottom of the crock pot, then I put a can of whole kernel corn, a can of black beans, a can of rotel and later I will add some cream cheese. I will then eat it probably with corn chips. I think that is an hors 'd oeuvre, however if it turns out alright I can eat it for dinner a couple of nights. It can be served over rice, but that is too much trouble.

Well Laura was due here today at 1:30 and it is now about 2:25. Guess I can forget her this week.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Nuthatch thanks for the Instacart info. Parsi my 60th reunion is 9/21. I hope to be up to going (it is 300 miles away).

The PT evaluator was just here and there are no more PT visits scheduled but he is going to try to get me more.

With my van gone I feel stranded even though I don't go anywhere much. I am praying both the AC and the cruise control are fixable. The van is 20 years old and has 131,000 miles on it.

Stay cool everyone. Jeanie :)

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Parsi!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819