Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

I've been reading the board, but have been really busy. My niece has been here. I haven't seen her for 20 years!...so we spent a lot of time catching up. She took care of me while TC was camping for a week.

And I got two new cats!! Maggie is a striped tabby who had been coming to the roof for the last two weeks but just now decided to come in. She came the other day with a small cat, white with markings like a Siamese cat--brown ears, nose, paws and tail. We're not sure of this ones sex. He has something wrong with his eyes-- they are running and one is red, so he's off to the vet tomorrow. He's named Smudge. Neither like to be picked up, but both like to be petted so we're doing lots of that.

I have read the board every day but just now am taking the time to post.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was wondering if you'd succumbed to the charms of another cat or two since you did mention that possibility. I'm so glad you've found some new cat friends to adopt you!

One of these days they might voluntarily hop onto a lap.

I just saw a remarkable movie about the cats of Istanbul. It's called "Kedi"--which means "feline," I understand. Cats are always fun to watch.

I hope the eye problem will be easily treatable. Smudge is a great name!
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

So glad all is well Cat. Better than well!
    Two new cats for you and TC— double trouble, double blessings!

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never log out so probably show up as logged in and viewing but not posting very often even when that is not the case. Just saying....

I never log out either. Not sure why I would. I just click on the icon I have for this site and I am here...on this page. Less than a second.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm always logged in too even though I may be actually reading here for very brief periods during the day.

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Cat ~

Welcome Maggie and Smudge! You made a great choice with Cat and TC, where you'll receive the most love and the best care. I look forward to reading about your adventures. And how wonderful for your niece to visit you and take care of you, Cat. I'm sure that was a very special time for both of you.

ANN ~

Your mom is really recovering well, and that's prayers answered. I'm sure you'll both be happy to see each other, particularly now that she's feeling better. Prayers for continued healing and safe travels ~

Jeanie ~

I'm so impressed with your stamina and determination! I know that you're eager to do everything and that you're wise to know when enough is enough. I'm cheering you on and keeping those prayers going up for you.

agate ~

I think that many of those "guests" are bots, or whatever they're called. This is the most active forum on BT, so I'd guess, given my nonexistent technological knowledge, that they would hone in here first and often.

I never log out either, but I am "hidden," which was an option, when I first joined in 2000. So, if the totals on the main page show that more members are viewing than are logged in, it could be that they are also "hidden."

Now, if you're hiding, I just want to let you know that we miss you, and we worry about you, when you don't post. So, as soon as it's possible for you, please post, so that we know that you are okay.

Howie has been quiet. SuzE-Q has been absent for quite awhile. Jendi, Renee, Parsi, and so many other friends here ~ please check in soon.

You know that you are loved and cherished here.

Healing prayers for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

11. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Cat such great news from you. So glad you got two more fur babies to love you and TC as much as the two of you will love them. It is great that you have had your niece with you for a week. Lots of catching up to do after all this time. Great names you chose for the two new ones. Maybe you can post us a picture sometime.

Jeanie, wish you could find a way to get to your high school reunion. I know these things mean a lot to you. That is a long way.

Agate, see you have survived the power washing, at least thus far. I don't know if they have completed the job or not.

Okay Howie, time for you to come out of hiding.
    Virginia

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Howie has been silent. I hope he's OK. And Rose, I'm so glad you mentioned some of the people who haven't been seen here lately. You're all missed!

Virginia, the power washing is by no means done. I spoke to one of the workers today, I think the foreman, and he said that the whole job, including the painting, would take about 4 more weeks.

It's a large building, and there is rotting wood that has to be replaced while they're at it. The power washing actually took the paint off in some places. They've done "my" section of it and have moved on to other sections but they're not even half done with the power washing.

Some interesting things have come to light during this process. A couple of (old) bee's nests have fallen to the ground by my patio, probably knocked down from the eaves way up high.

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Congratulations, Cat, on being adopted my Smudge and Maggie!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I hope all the missing posters check in. Cat I'm glad you got new kitties.

Rose how are Jim and you doing? You're in my prayers.

I stood with the walker for 2 minutes and 20 seconds today and took about 20 steps. The class get together is September 21st not August. Maybe by then I can make the trip. At least it gives me a goal to shoot for.

Yesterday we had severe lightening and thunder hitting all around my house. Andy was here to do my trash and he had to wait for it to move away some to get back to his truck. Stay safe everyone. Jeanie :)

19. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast