Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I bet I could not even grow mold. I have a black thumb. The beautiful kalanchoe I got in rehab is very pitiful now and close to dead.

I went yesterday to the hairdresser by myself. It was really difficult and I wound up in bed the rest of the day. There are so many things I put off but they just have to wait.

Andy is coming to take me to Publix. The feel like temp here is to be over 100. Keep cool everyone. Jeanie :)

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, the biggest problem with most plants is overwatering.

Did you drive yourself to the hairdresser? That is a big accomplishment.

Mom was up to a chair yesterday and had a walk w a walker around the nurses station. This AM she started on regular food. I hope she gets to go home soon.

The orange blob has gotten smaller in one dimension and now is 3D. I think it’s going to puff spores and I will become a pod person or slime mold. :-o
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie, the biggest problem with most plants is overwatering.

Did you drive yourself to the hairdresser? That is a big accomplishment.

Mom was up to a chair yesterday and had a walk w a walker around the nurses station. This AM she started on regular food. I hope she gets to go home soon.

The orange blob has gotten smaller in one dimension and now is 3D. I think itís going to puff spores and I will become a pod person or slime mold. :-o
    ANN

Your mother is getting better...that is just great news.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Mom was about to go home this afternoon but the medical people stopped it because her INR (clotting) is too high. She’s bummed but eating a tasty supper and has had some Vitamin Coffee!Yeah, Mom!
    ANN

8. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Good news about your mom, Ann!
    Your orange blob is very weird and a little scary! I remember "The Blob" movie from when I was a kid. Didn't it grow and creep into a house while people were sleeping?
    Keep an eye on that thing, Ann!

Could it be creepier than that other orange creep, who I now refer to as "DVD" (Dog Vomit Donald)?

We need pictures of this weirdness as it transforms.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, so happy about your good news re your Mom. Sorry she had to stay over in the hospital but maybe they can get the clotting thing straightened out. Glad they seem to be erring on the safe side.

Jeanie, your news sounds good to, but most especially if you drove yourself. I know you were glad to get your hair done.

Edited to add: Nuthatch, if anything is creepier than the one you are talking about YOU get us a picture of it. I think most all of us would want to see it.
    Last edited by Virginia; 08-02-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Virginia

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Yes Ann, Nuthatch and Virginia I did drive myself. However when I got home I had a hard time getting on the scooter. Just as I got on it I discovered I had left the key to run the scooter in the passenger seat.

I got off the seat and leaned in the driver's side and finally managed to reach the key. Then back on the scooter exhausted. I came in and went right to bed.

Ann I am glad your Mom is doing good.

Andy came yesterday and we went to Publix. My van AC would not work. I have to get better enough to be able to take it to my mechanic and sit in the waiting room. Probably at least a month.

We are having heat records and a lot of thunderstorms once it gets so hot. Jeanie :)

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, life does get very difficult doesn't it? You are doing so good, but I can tell from listening to you that it is a struggle. Thank goodness Andy is there.

Today is the best weather we have had in awhile. It is in the 80s. Rain came through late yesterday and brought a short cooling period with it. We have had quite a few thunderstorms also. I am not really bothered by them, but I know Lacy is as are my brother's dogs. If a thunderstorm is coming where they live they cancel our dinner dates on Sundays. I do not blame them.
    Virginia

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I had a great farmers market today. My friend brought me 5 more chapters of his book to review.

I had a visit from one of my favorite students ever! She was on her way to visit her daughter at Dartmouth. It made me so damn happy to see her.

I had lots of customers and everyone was happy. I had cranberry beans to sell. Also called Italian shell beans, haricot vert and my exotic potatoes.nit was great.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Glad it was a good day, Linda. And, don’t tell but I may be developing an addiction to buying seeds!

Mom came home from the hospital today - but wait - she’s back there. At home she could hardly move and said that her arms and legs got huge in the hospital. I asked about Lasix as I had when I was there on Tuesday. They said to restart it at home. So about 1 hour after Mom got into her recliner Susan had to call 911 cause Mom couldn’t breathe. She’s in the ER now w an IV, catheter and she’s had IV Lasix. Geesh! They are keeping her. How do these things happen??

ANN

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast