Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: August chitchat

Distinguished Community Member

Ikoiko, I do not know you so I cannot say where you are coming from. However, I will say that what is shared on here with other members is (I am pretty sure) kept just between us. I hope you remember that and if you really have been coming on here all these years why did you wait so long to start posting? If you really did care about the private things that are posted here why did it take you so long to speak up? Just asking!!
    I think since Agate has indicated that you have done this type thing before that you might just be a trouble maker. But that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019 at 03:06 AM. Reason: removed personal names
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Ikoiko's defense, she has indeed been a registered member here for many years. You can search her previous posts both on this board and on the archived board.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Community Member

I am not trying to cause trouble. I am trying to PROTECT. This forum is very PUBLIC!
    Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Removed personal names

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Community Member

P.S. I did read the previous posts about most guests being bots.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Okay, everyone I am calming down a little. With me, it is kind of like, if you attack my family you attack me and I got the impression that this person was attacking one of us.

Jeanie, so proud of what you are doing. You really are doing so good. I hope you just keep it up. I know you want to get out, however remember how hot it is out there and that might take a little of the sting of being inside away.

Sam, it is so good to see you. Thanks for posting and please say hello to Howie for us.

Agate, I wonder if it is real hot in Oregon? If so, how do you manage your walks?

It is to be in the mid to upper 90s here all week, but I have to go get my hair cut and colored tomorrow afternoon. Just dread getting out.

I had a telephone call this morning from a lady that I use to be best friends with. The friendship lasted for many years and at times it wore me out. She was diagnosed as bi-polar and then the diagnosis was later rescinded she said at that time. Anyway, after my husband passed away she became very controlling and wanted to run my life. After much thought I got out of the friendship in order to be less stressed. This was shortly after my diagnosis. We have talked a couple of times since then, but I was surprised when she called me this morning. However, it was good to hear from her and the talk was good. When I saw her number I was afraid she or her husband had died. Thankfully, that was not the case. While, I do not wish to become best friends again I am happy that contact has been somewhat re-established. She told me she loved me, and I think that she means it.

Laura came today. She did not come last week. She told me she was going to the beach, but she did not. She is going the end of this week and coming back next Tuesday. She said she would be here on Wednesday. Sure hope she does come then.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

P.P.S. When Agate said I did something like this before, perhaps she is referring to the time someone posted some very personal news about another member that she had not herself chosen to share.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Peter went back to Boston this afternoon. He arrived and took pictures of an overgrown garden full of tomatoes and cucumbers before he went into the house.

Mom had a good day. I am manning the telephones and figuring out logistics. Also cooking. I hope to be able to go home on the weekend.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ikoiko ~

We all know that BT is a public forum. Most of us have been here for a couple of decades, so we know how BT works. You know by reading here that many of us post regularly, as indicated also by the number of posts we have.

With that awareness, as Sunshine said, we make a choice about how many details we provide in our communication.

I choose to provide details for several reasons: to help others in a similar circumstance, to gain support and guidance from other members, and to tell our life story, because I probably won't have time or energy to finish and publish my book.

You know from reading here, that we support each other through difficult times, health and life changes, and the loss of our dear members. We worry about members, who don't post for a long time. We offer prayers, empathy, understanding, and a virtual embrace. That does make us a community, a cyber community, but a community nonetheless.

If people in our physical community find this forum and read our posts, I hope that gives them pause to think about how they can help us and be true friends to us. Anyone, who reads our posts, and sees the love and caring we have for each other, should be inspired to follow our lead.

We all have a choice in posting or not posting, reading or not reading, revealing or not revealing.

Cherie ~

Please do not "bow out."

Remember how much you are loved and treasured here. You need support, and we need to support you. Although my situation is different, I understand much of what you are experiencing. You're not alone. You have all of us.

Let us protect you with our understanding, love, and encouragement. You need a shoulder right now, and there are plenty of shoulders right here waiting for you.

It is unhealthy, as you well know, to hold everything in. I'm thinking about your blood pressure and stress. Please take deep breaths and feel the hugs surrounding you now, the prayers lifting you up to give you strength for your journey.

Many things come and go, like they never happened. Focus your energy on your Number One Priority. Save the rest for yourself and your loved ones.

We're here to listen and love you, whenever you need us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Ann, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes - YEA! No wonder you planted this garden. I could really go for this. Sounds like things are looking up for your Mom and therefore for you. I hope it all continues to go well.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In another post Rose mentioned English cucumbers. I hope someone is growing those?

They are THE greatest cucumbers, IMO.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast