Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Thread: August 2019

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Average step count for July (31 days counted): 1242

Not as good as June (1316) or May (1288) but better than March and April by a few (1167, 1153).

Nowhere near the 4,400 now being recommended but MS is a different kettle of fish. Or can of worms.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

MS is a different kettle for sure, Agate. Good work!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I think it is just wonderful. I know I don't walk nearly as much. You do so great.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Agate I am always in awe of your steps. I do well to take 6 or more with the walker. Also Ann walking so much and Sunshine surfing.

My high school class is having a one night dinner our 60th reunion, 300 miles from me in Jacksonville on Aug 21. I would love to go. I also would love to see my friend Bill now in a nursing home after falls breaking both hips. I would have to get a lot stronger to do that. I'll keep exercising and praying. Jeanie :)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

That sounds like a great goal Jeanie :) Would Andy be able to take you?

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jeanie, I hope you'll keep on believing that time will do its work and heal you to the point where walking will be easier.

I know this is very stale advice but it seems to be true that a positive attitude plays a large part in the process of recovering.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I did not do anything at all yesterday other than cook dinner for a couple of days. Today I managed to get myself together and washed 3 loads of clothes, changed the linens on my bed, cleaned my master bath and a couple of other things.

Laura has gone to the beach and said she would be here Thursday, but if she doesn't come it will be fine. I do not plan to dust this week like I always do. I decided that the house just really doesn't need it. So if I keep the bathrooms clean, the kitchen clean, the bed linens changed and I will do the vacuuming that I normally do and that is all that is needed.

Found a step counter on my iPhone, but have not read to try and find out how to work it because it would be too awkward and heavy to carry around.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I did packing yesterday and this AM (stairs involved) and airport walking today w luggage.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not plan to dust this week like I always do. I decided that the house just really doesn't need it. So if I keep the bathrooms clean, the kitchen clean, the bed linens changed and I will do the vacuuming that I normally do and that is all that is needed.

Found a step counter on my iPhone, but have not read to try and find out how to work it because it would be too awkward and heavy to carry around.
    I can vaguely recall a time when I tried to dust every week. More recently I dust when I'm noticing dust around. I run my finger over a few surfaces that I know tend to collect dust.

Why am I not surprised to learn that iPhones have step counters built into them? They already have cameras, flashlights, and everything else a person could possibly want. You can buy a lightweight step counter that does a pretty good job for under $20.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Today I swam 22 minutes, 800 yards in a cold 79F pool— all that rain chilled down the pool. I had a brief spasm at 3 am, 4 hours before the swim. I just wanted to get into the pool, so I put aside fear and swam.

The rest of the day, I have had real spasticity, but no spasm yet. In the R2D2 most of the day...resting mostly...These meds make me like a zombie, but they do a pretty good job controlling spasticity for the most part.

Neuro messaged me to try cutting back surfing by an hour next time and see if it eliminates the spasms. IVIG is in 1 week, in the hospital based infusion center. They found a batch. Again, no promises there will be more in the future.

This IVIG shortage has nothing to do with Climate change.

However, It brings up another topic of shortages of another sort from Climate Change: we are already seeing beginning warnings of shortages world wide of many things: water, food, medicine—from climate change. It is not going to be pretty and will occur in our children’s lifetime. There will be millions of people dying governments failing. There will be lawlessness as people become desperate for water and food...

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast