Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting supreme Courts case testing the ADA

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Yes it is my understanding that in some countries money has a tactile area for blind people to run their fingers over to see how much cash it is, but in the cash US money all feels the same so blind people use a machine to read it etc. I have seen blind people use PayPal successfully.

My college also had a blind professor. I never had the pleasure of working with the blind professor but my friends did and gave him fabulous reviews as an instructor. The blind professor at my college mostly used digital tech to teach so that’s why it is particularly important for online teaching tools to be accessible. I constantly see blind people underestimated and it makes me sick!!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My sister-in-law who has worked for the Supreme Court for eons once worked for a blind Judge. She did take a little bit of advantage of him because when she and my brother were engaged and going to get married she set in her office next to his and he would yell out Terry what are you doing? and she would make up something other than what she was really doing. However, in many ways she was good to him. She would take his hand and guide it when he had to sign things, she would walk down the sidewalk with him on her arm at lunch, and she would pick him up in the mornings and take him home at night so that no one else would have to do it.

He had a long career with just a little bit of help. He also was the Uncle of the lawyer that I went out with for so long.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My sister-in-law who has worked for the Supreme Court for eons once worked for a blind Judge. She did take a little bit of advantage of him because when she and my brother were engaged and going to get married she set in her office next to his and he would yell out Terry what are you doing? and she would make up something other than what she was really doing. However, in many ways she was good to him. She would take his hand and guide it when he had to sign things, she would walk down the sidewalk with him on her arm at lunch, and she would pick him up in the mornings and take him home at night so that no one else would have to do it.

He had a long career with just a little bit of help. He also was the Uncle of the lawyer that I went out with for so long.
    Well Virginia, that is quite the interesting story...you have had an adventurous family life!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yes Linda, I will add a little bit to that story. This was about 35 to 36 years ago when they married, so take that into account as you read this. My brother owned a auto parts store and they had someone who delivered. He hired a guy who he did not know smoked MJ (he didn't last long). One day my sister-in-law had something happen to her car and she had to borrow the truck. She said she drove back to the office with all the windows rolled down and the A/C blasting because she was afraid that since the Judge's other senses were heightened he might pick up on it.

Also, she drove up to his house one evening to let him out and his garage door had been bashed in. Before she even thought about it she said "Judge Hedrick did you drive into the garage door?" She said he laughed.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I’m told by blind people heightened senses is a misconception and that blind people actually just train themselves to use the other senses more effectively out of necessity. These blind people told me that sighted people have the same level of senses but the eyes “get in the way” by becoming the dominant sense.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12