Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Support, please

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Default Emotional Support, please

Tomorrow morning I take off for the local Pain Center. I've been going there for maybe 3 years for treatment of my lower back pain. Tomorrow they are going to inject some stuff to put some nerves "to sleep". That won't last long or solve anything - it's just to see if that will kill the pain. If it works I'll go back next Monday and those same nerves will be "burned" - killed forever.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey jingle !

i'm just going to bed and checking out bt before i go.

i can understand why you are nervous. i don't like injections. when i get a tooth numbed at the dentist, i go to a happy place and concentrate on pleasant things.

well, either it will work or it won't. i hope it does!!! are there any side effects or problems with killing the wrong nerves? it seems like they've done this before, so you're probably in good hands.

i wish you well jingle and hope this works for you so you can have a pain free life. my heart goes out to all people suffering from daily pain pain that limits their life...physical pain or psychological pain.

thank you for sharing jingle ,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jingle I hope all goes well today and your pain becomes tolerable. I know for many tolerable is as good as it gets. I too am most likely looking at nerve ablation and it concerns me but I am to a point where I will try almost anything. I am sending healing ((((HUGS)))) and comfort.

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jingle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tomorrow morning I take off for the local Pain Center. I've been going there for maybe 3 years for treatment of my lower back pain. Tomorrow they are going to inject some stuff to put some nerves "to sleep". That won't last long or solve anything - it's just to see if that will kill the pain. If it works I'll go back next Monday and those same nerves will be "burned" - killed forever.
    did it work?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Clouds - thank your for asking.
    The entire thing was a disaster, too long and boring to tell. And I failed miserably - no pain relief at all. I thought that center would say their efforts were over and I would not have another try. (Surgery can't be done on a back like mine ... the damage is too wide). But I now have some prescription and a scheduled MRI to see what's happened since my last one in 2015.

Blog Entries

Oh Jingle I am so sorry it didn't work for you. I hope they find something to help. I just had both knees injected and am looking forward to my next set of back injections hopefully within the month. They help just enough so that I can tell when they have worn off lol.

7. The following user says "thanks"

Yeah - those back injections are miracles, aren't they? It breaks my heart an scares me to death that they don't work for me anymore.

Blog Entries

Jingle I am so sorry, I too am terrified. I do not want to spend the rest of my years in a wheel chair because the pain is so bad I cannot walk. That scares me. Right now the injections work and I am getting some help for pain from my doctors. They are actually listening to me about the meds so for now I am looking forward to a little relief.

10. The following user says "thanks"

https://brightsideben.com/ maybe he knows something
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

12. The following user says "thanks"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWVWVwA0bHo Pharmacist Ben Fuchs, Doc Wallach, fibromyalgia muscle pain, Natural relief, Youngevity Australia. ?? any good

drinking mineral water may help

14. The following user says "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast