Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journey's End Is Nearing

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

This evening, Jim turned a corner. He is disoriented, refusing to drink fluids, fidgeting, restless, unable to sleep, and communicating less. His urine output for the past 5 hours has been zero.

SATS: 87 HR: 115. I put him on 2 liters of O2. I can’t get a BP on him, as the monitor goes to “error.”

I called Nancy, and she said he might need a blood transfusion, but I know that he cannot tolerate an ambulance gurney or the commotion of an ER. Also, I will not be allowed to accompany him, because of COVID-19.

I’m calling Dr. K in the morning, will ask for hospice. Nancy will call the agency to set up hospice visit for intake. Nancy will visit at 11 tomorrow morning.

It will be a long and lonely night. I wouldn’t be surprised if he passes before the morning, but I am sure now that he won’t improve. I’m doing all I can to make him comfortable, and I know hospice will take care of that for him.

My heart is breaking ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I'm praying for both of you.

Comment

Our hearts our breaking, too, Rose.

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Rose, This is truly heartbreaking news. You have brought Jim so far in this journey with your love and your tender care. You will bring him through this next part of the journey with the same love and care. I hope you have the loving support around you through this. I am sending many many prayers, love and warm caring hugs your way.
          Mary Grace

Comment

Rose I am so sorry, am praying for you both. ((((HUGS)))))

Comment

Praying for you both. Rose you are an angel and have been so wonderful n caring for your family. I hope you get some rest too. With love, Jeanie :)

Comment

My dearest Rose,
                I cannot stop thinking about you my friend... wondering if you have slept. Have you eaten? Do you feel the love of so many other parents around the world who love you and thank you for your commitment to friendship and mentorship? I hope so. Here are all the messages of condolence (so far) on the CN Facebook page - although it's not a very active group, there are lots of old friends who saw my message and send you love. Rebecca Klumpp Praying for her and her family. I am so saddened for her having to go through this during a time when gatherings cannot occur.
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 20h
                Cindy Lansford
                Cindy Lansford Thank you for sharing this Donna. I was thinking of Rose and her fellows just yesterday. My eyes are burning with tears, and my heart is both sad for her loss and so grateful for her and her family’s life. They have mattered to us. They have lifted us up. Love and prayers to Rose��
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 20h
                Lisa J. Ott
                Lisa J. Ott OMG, heartbreaking. I will be praying for her. Wish there were more we could do during this terrible time.
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 20h
                Lauren Fordham
                Lauren Fordham Oh sweet, sweet Rose. What a beautiful, unique, irreplaceable team she and Jim were to their amazing boys, and to each other. I wish we could embrace her with words, although she had such a gift with those. My thoughts and love are with her. Please tel…See more
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 20h · Edited
                Dori Walker
                Dori Walker I was thinking of Rose and Jim just last week.... Rose is the strongest person I know... (virtually). My prayers go out to her... may Jim Rest In Peace, he certainly deserves it. May Rose always know how much she is loved and admired by everyone who she has ever communicated with....
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 20h
                Vettey Coo
                Vettey Coo I have tears in my eyes as I read Rose s beautiful words. Sending love and strength from across the seas.
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 19h
                Jennifer Pool Lloyd
                Jennifer Pool Lloyd Sweet Rose, I am so sorry to hear this..
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 19h
                LaTonya Brunner
                LaTonya Brunner I’m so sorry to here this. Keeping her in my prayers.
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 19h
                Laura Ziskovsky
                Laura Ziskovsky Thank you for sharing this. (((hugs))) and prayers for Sweet Mama Rose.
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 19h
                Debi Hammond
                Debi Hammond I'm so sorry to learn of Jim's passing, Rose has been through so much and has been such a loving caregiver for the boys and Jim, she will be in my prayers ♥️
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 18h
                Robin Plowman
                Robin Plowman Rose I am so very sorry to hear this!!! Sending you many Prayers!!
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 17h
                Jeanette Booth
                Jeanette Booth Ah Rose, you might be one of the most compassionate people I've never met. God bless Jim, and may he rest in peace
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 16h
                Kristin Keyes
                Kristin Keyes Prayers...
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 16h
                Lisa Royalty
                Lisa Royalty I'm so sorry to read this. Poor sweet friend. My prayers are with you for comfort and peace
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 15h
                Hope Elizabeth Welker
                Hope Elizabeth Welker (((Rose))) <3 <3 <3 Sending love and strength, dear friend!
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 13h
                Susie Simmons
                Susie Simmons Prayers for all
                Hide or report this
                · Reply · 12h
                Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
                Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

My heart is breaking for you Rose.

Comment

RIP Jim. His spirit journey has begun. He's not far away. Keep us updated on you, PLEASE???!!!
                    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
                    X