Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 727323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim's Journey

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Birthday Jim!

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

How is your friend today? I've been sending healing prayers for his full recovery and for an explanation as to why he fainted. Prayers for you too, as I know you are very worried. Praying too that your work situation is resolved to your best interests.

JIM'S BIRTHDAY

We celebrated today with a big brunch: eggs, hash browns, sauteed tomatoes, mushrooms, and Amy's breakfast sausage, toast, and Amy's veggie beans. It's the closest I can come to an English breakfast. Jim devoured it.

He slept for a few hours to make up for last night's vigil with the toilet. We watched movies. Oh! We had a momentary problem with our cable, and after trying to figure out the problem, I called Spectrum. The solution was simple. We're just daft when it comes to programming our techno things.

Jim was in pain in the afternoon and took his T/C, then he slept for a few hours, and woke up feeling better.

He is commenting on how he is feeling a bit stronger and more alert after the transfusion. We pray that this continues.

Instead of chocolate cupcakes, I made chocolate chip cookies (from a Simple Mllls mix) for his birthday treat.

I gave him a lovely card, and then I said, "I don't have a gift for you, yet."

Jim replied, "You have a gift for me every second of every day. You've done so much for me, worked so hard for me. I don't need anything, but you."

"Good, because I'm all you've got today!"

Jim celebrated with a good BM today, and if that's too much information, I apologize. But this is critical to his well being, so we always celebrate these events.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Happy Birthday Jim! I hope you have a great day (sounds like you did) and another year. You are both in my prayers every day. With love, Jeanie :)

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Just catching up tonight on your heart wrenching but inspiring documentation of your life with your loved one's. Both you and Jim astound me with your incredible strength and amazing love for each other and your boys!
    I whisper prayer for you every night that tomorrow will be a better, happier day. You two deserve it!

Happy Birthday Jim! May all your wishes come true!

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Jim! With love from all our family download (12).jpeg
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

How is your friend today? I've been sending healing prayers for his full recovery and for an explanation as to why he fainted. Prayers for you too, as I know you are very worried. Praying too that your work situation is resolved to your best interests.

JIM'S BIRTHDAY

We celebrated today with a big brunch: eggs, hash browns, sauteed tomatoes, mushrooms, and Amy's breakfast sausage, toast, and Amy's veggie beans. It's the closest I can come to an English breakfast. Jim devoured it.

He slept for a few hours to make up for last night's vigil with the toilet. We watched movies. Oh! We had a momentary problem with our cable, and after trying to figure out the problem, I called Spectrum. The solution was simple. We're just daft when it comes to programming our techno things.

Jim was in pain in the afternoon and took his T/C, then he slept for a few hours, and woke up feeling better.

He is commenting on how he is feeling a bit stronger and more alert after the transfusion. We pray that this continues.

Instead of chocolate cupcakes, I made chocolate chip cookies (from a Simple Mllls mix) for his birthday treat.

I gave him a lovely card, and then I said, "I don't have a gift for you, yet."

Jim replied, "You have a gift for me every second of every day. You've done so much for me, worked so hard for me. I don't need anything, but you."

"Good, because I'm all you've got today!"

Jim celebrated with a good BM today, and if that's too much information, I apologize. But this is critical to his well being, so we always celebrate these events.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose,

Huge HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to wonderful Jim!!! So glad he got to have this birthday!!! Especially with you! I’m so glad Jim is starting to feel better! You rock Jim!

Thanks so much for asking about my friend Rose. Thank God he was discharged, returned home, and is functioning normally with frequent rest breaks to ensure he's not pushing his body too far too soon. He sounds perfectly normal when he speaks, his blood sugar levels are good, and all the tests done on his heart at the hospital like EKGs, Halter Monitors, and Heart Ultrasound show his heart is in very good condition, especially for a diabetic, and pumping well so he is not at any risk of heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest etc so that’s an utter relief. Still waiting on some other test results but I have a feeling it may end up like my fainting results where everything comes back normal so they chalk it up to a fluke. I don’t want anything to be wrong especially with his brain or other vital organs but it would be nice to know how the heck this happened so it could be prevented. I’m in constant contact with him everyday. Keep the prayers coming!

Donna, that Queen meme is so Fabulous and cracked me up! Perfect for our favorite Brit Jim!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Happy belated birthday to Jim. So glad he was able to celebrate a little. Hope the transfusion helps him to feel better.

Donna, perfect birthday card for Jim!

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Smile Thank You!

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 6.23.48 PM.jpg

The World's Most Wonderful Dad and His Sons

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

THANK YOU SO MUCH Jeanie, nuthatch, Donna, funnylegs4, and Virginia for your birthday wishes for Jim.

On the iPad, I showed Jim your posts and read them to him, as he can't find his glasses. He is so touched by your kindness and prayers. Donna, he laughed out loud when he saw the Queen.

Jim slept for 4 hours this morning, then he requested "cheese on toast with veggie baked beans and a 'sloppy egg.'" Another English breakfast. We watched the second half of the Senior Bowl. He was in pain, so he took a T/C and slept for 2 more hours.

He didn't eat dinner last night, because he still felt full. I think we may need to cut back a little on his tea, as he's upped his requests lately. He's also drinking a glass of orange juice, an apple juice box, and water throughout the day/night. He wants his decaf espresso, which I will gladly make for him, but he says I "do it wrong."

He isn't able to stand for very long now, which I attribute to atrophy in his legs, as well as the Ascites, and malnutrition. Making his espresso means he's on his feet too long. His commitment to drink Orgain shakes everyday lasted for one day, and it took two days for him to nearly complete one shake. Maybe I can bargain with him. You drink half a shake, and I'll give you tea later. That will either get him to drink the shake or get up and go to the kitchen to make his own tea and get some exercise.

We have discussed exercise, and I suggested that when he goes to the bathroom, he takes the long way through the kitchen, to and from. It's not a lot, but it's a beginning. "I know," he says. And then he goes straight to the bathroom the short way. Now, he's also using the urinal at bedside, so that is cutting down his exercise even more.

I don't know whether I'm expecting too much from the transfusion, as I was hoping that he'd have more energy by now. He does say he feels better, and his pain isn't as frequent.

I told Jim that I had hoped that his blood came from an Olympian athlete, "then you can help me around the house a little." We laughed. As with all the transfusions for Jonathan and Michael, as soon as Jim's blood arrived, I began praying with gratitude for the donor(s) and asking for them to have a healthy, happy, long life.

OH ... and a note about CARS ...

Remember when I was about to purchase a RAV4 for us, and Jim said he wanted to look at other options, so we tabled the discussion? Jim's experience attempting to get into John's RAV4 for his transfusion showed us that it is too high and tight for him to access/egress. But at the time, when we were looking at cars, the Honda was too low.

Things change.

I'm so grateful that we didn't buy a RAV4. I don't really know what car would be the best for Jim now, although he did do better in the Honda. Toyota has just recalled a bunch of models for faulty air bags, among them the Corolla.

It's times like these, when levitation and astral projection would come in handy.

Jim also has a problem with buying a car sight unseen. I get that, of course, but I don't know any other way to have cars brought to our house to drive and look at. Jim had difficulty walking down the driveway to get in John's RAV4. It's impractical to even think about it.

So, buying a car is still tabled. And we will rely on John in his Honda to transport us to upcoming appointments for tests and Dr. S.

Thank you all again for your birthday wishes for Jim. It warms my heart to know that you love him and us, and we are so grateful for your prayers and positive, healing energy.

We pray for all and for your loved ones, and give thanks for the blessing you are in our lives.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose,Just catching up on posts. Please extend a very happy birthday wishes to Jim!! Sounds like a lovely day! Kathleen LOVES birthday in fact every day here is "someone's birthday" if it's not a real one she makes one up. Many nights we sing happy birthday to one of her animals or cars. She is also a bit of a savant with birthdays. Generally she hears a date once and remembers forever what their birthday is. It amazes me. She's already getting excited fr her birthday coming up in March. As usual we will have . a surprise party. Last years theme was Harry Potter, I haven't decided this years but thinking maybe Superhero. She loves superheros and loves the movies. Especially spiderman and ironman. We're headed out this morning to look for a dress for the Night To shine Prom. It's sponsored by Tim Tebow and is always a beautiful event. It's all of her favorite things, dancing, music, and boys.
    You and Jim are always in my thoughts and prayers. I read often, thank you for allowing us to travel this journey with you and JIm. Your love and dedication is inspiring.
    Mary Grace

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Unhappy Kobe

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Mary Grace ~

Thank you so much for your prayers. You know we pray for you and your family too.

Kathleen has two fun events waiting for her, Prom and her birthday. I look forward to wonderful photos capturing her joy.

KOBE BRYANT'S PASSING

When I read the headline in the on line news this morning that Kobe had perished in a helicopter crash, I was stunned. Of course, I'm not alone, as Kobe was loved by millions worldwide.

Jonathan loved Kobe from the moment 17 year old Kobe stepped onto the Lakers court for his first NBA Game. Over Kobe's 20 year Lakers career, Jonathan acquired as much Kobe merchandise as we could find. Hats, t-shirts, towels, framed photos of famous shots, bobbleheads, videos, etc. It was all Kobe all the time for Jon.

When Kobe retired, it was a sad day for Jonathan. Thereafter, he lost interest in the Lakers. The only Lakers he found interesting to watch were videos of their championship seasons led by Kobe. He watched them so many times.

I have been crying unabashedly all day, wondering if Jonathan has now met his basketball idol.

To add to the tragedy, we learned that Kobe's 13 year old daughter, Gianna, a rising basketball star, also perished in the crash. Seven other people died, including Gianna's teammate and her parent(s).

I've tried to imagine how Kobe's wife, Vanessa, is coping right now with the loss of her daughter and her husband. And Kobe's surviving 3 daughters, who lost their dad and sister. I understand shock, trauma, and heartbreak, but I've been prepared for my losses. They were not.

Jim was sleeping this morning, when I read the news of Kobe's accident. When Jim woke up, and I entered the living room crying, he asked me what was wrong. I told him about Kobe, bursting into tears. Jim was sad too, and we talked about Jon's devotion to Kobe. Jim comforted me.

A long, very sad, day.

JIM'S UPDATE

Jim coughed a lot last night, even after taking his Codeine cough syrup twice. He needed several breathing treatments during the night. He did better today, until he woke up. Then the coughing begins.

Of course, coughing generates pain in his rib. He has lower abdomen discomfort, which may be a bowel issue. He's peeing well, but he's still full of fluid.

No desire to eat, because he feels full. All my careful inquiries as to whether he wants something to eat are met with, "No. I'll tell you when I feel like I can eat something."

I can see all of his bones and feel them when I hug him. Of course, I'm very worried. I get excited when he wants to eat, and thrilled if he eats most of what I serve him. When he refuses food for as long as he has (1/2 bowl of vegetable soup last night about 8 p.m.), I become worried.

Jim knows he needs to eat, and he wants to eat. He just has no place in his gut to put the food. It's quite frustrating.

Please join us in prayer for Kobe's wife, daughters, parents, family, friends, teammates, fans, and all who love him. Kobe was a gifted, hard working athlete, who made mistakes in his youth, but became a dedicated husband and father, and created opportunities for children worldwide to learn to play basketball in lieu of other dubious choices. He was so proud of Gianna, and her interest in excelling in basketball. They were on their way to a game for her team, when the crash occurred.

Thank you ~

Love & Light,

Rose

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 727323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast