Thread: Jim's Journey

Threaded View

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Jim's Journey

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Weíve come a long way since I posted frantically the night of 4/17 that Jim was in distress, and we were on our way to ER.

I thought it was time to start a new thread.

Jimís appetite is improving. His belly is getting smaller and softer. No pain. Todayís vitals are excellent. He had a blood draw today, so weíll see what that reveals. Heís needing fewer breathing treatments and inhaler puffs. He is still off of O2.

Nancy, as always, did a fantastic job with his port draw. She had 6 patients today, one a recert, which would take 2 hours, and the agency was asking her to volunteer to take more patients, as they are overloaded.

She was an hour and a half late getting to us. After she left us, she had to drop Jimís blood off at the lab, before her next patient. Honestly, this is ridiculous. I donít know how she manages to keep going, but we thank God that she does.

In addition to searching for an initial J pendant for Jonathan, I have been searching for a wedding ring for Jim, as he lost his ring in one of his hospitalizations. Our 25th wedding anniversary is approaching, and I want Jim to have a ring.

I finally found one, which feels like the right one. But I had to tell Jim about it, because I donít know his ring size, which has likely changed since he lost his ring.

ďIím not going to tell you anything about the ring. I just need to know your ring size. There has to be some element of surprise here!Ē

I measured his finger today, but I could not figure out how to convert it to ring size on any of the sites I visited. So, I ordered a cheap chain of circles for ring sizing from Amazon.

TESTING

Jim has told me that he cannot tolerate a closed MRI or PET scan. He feels claustrophobic in a car. He has anxiety that he wonít be able to breathe.

But, Jim does want to know what is going on inside of him. He says that he can manage a CT scan, because thatís in and out. A PET scan is more involved, takes longer, and requires a dye, to which Jim reacted terribly.

I will be informing Dr. K tomorrow of Jimís decision. It may not tell us everything, but a CT scan can tell us more than doing nothing.

Then, I'll schedule an appointment with Dr. K.

Thank you all for your love, prayers, support, positive, healing energy, and enduring friendship.

We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"