Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1434394041424344

Thread: Jim's Journey

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Donna ~

Oh, I'm so glad that you aren't flying to S.C. That's a pretty long drive, about 1500 miles. Are you going to stop along the way and stay overnight somewhere? How wonderful that Daisy is accompanying you. I wonder what she'll think of the ocean and sand. She's used to the forest and snow. Hope you take some photos of her playing on the beach.

Good news that all went well with Nick's refill. I hope the new doctor will be just as fantastic as the old one.

Her response to your inquiry about preparing for a pandemic surprises me a bit. Medical experts in the U.S. from the CDC and NIH have stated that the C-virus will likely be widespread and will hit the U.S. Since the symptoms are similar to the flu, which killed 80,000 people last year, and the C-virus is in the initial phase of developing, I think it's reasonable to expect a similar mortality rate. Like the flu, some C-virus patients have mild cases, while others, who are most vulnerable, may end up in ICU on a ventilator.

I remember the Swine Flu of 2009, when Jon was in ICU. We were so concerned about getting it. It was a pandemic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic

Prayers for all of us that we can avoid the C-virus and that we are told the truth about its severity.

Sending lots of prayers for safe travels for you, Jim and Daisy. I hope you have a beautiful, peaceful vacation together.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1434394041424344