Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Journey

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((hugs to all))))))

I’m attempting write this while waiting for Jim’s simulation to be started, using the iPad. I decided to sit in the large lobby at a table near snack machines. Too stuffy in the radiology lobby. I wasn’t allowed to go in with him. He took codeine, so I am praying it won’t be too painful for him. Did not see Dr. S so could not ask him anything. Maybe we will see him when he’s finished.

I will post later with more info. At least he’s feeling better today. This is a challenge to compose on the iPad, but I have to learn sometime. You’re reading my first voyage into iPad land.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rose, you are doing very good with the iPad.

We will be anxious to hear how Jim does today.

Thinking of you both.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good job, Rose. Thanks for the update and bless Jim. I know this was a hard thing for him to do.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Today's Radiation Appointment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you Virginia and ANN!

Well, what I’ve learned so far on the iPad is that I much prefer an actual keyboard. Using the stylus was awkward, and the iPad keyboard is so not like any other standard keyboard. On my iMac keyboard, I could write 5 times more than I wrote on the iPad in the same amount of time.

However, I am pleased that I was able to find BT, CN, and post. I also found our webmail. I also looked at the RAV4 selection. I don’t know what I’m looking for! They are all the same or similar. I’ll take any of them!

Jim told John in the car that he wants the RAV4 color to be “gun metal.” Okay. First, I don’t want a car color with the word “gun” in it. Second, I think they stopped using that color on cars in the 80s. The closest we can get is a grey metallic. I am rather fond of the flaming red, but that would stand out in our neighborhood, where most cars are white. Nothing like a giant truck and a flaming red RAV4 sitting on our driveway to attract attention!

PREP MEETING

Meanwhile, at the radiology oncology appointment, Jim and I were taken to a small conference room, where his tech went over everything with us. A very nice, kind young-ish man, although he’s been doing this for 21 years. That’s still young to us!

He asked whether Jim still had his tattoos from his March simulation/staging. We laughed, because they washed off a few months ago. He said, “But, they are permanent!” Turns out he still has them, as shown during his scan.

He asked about Jim’s pain and his Ascites. When he saw the size of Jim’s gut, he said, “WHOA! Have you thought about getting that drained?” Yes, we have and still are. We need a doctor to refer Jim.

MY WAITING

I wasn’t permitted to go into the scan room with Jim, so that’s when I scooted out to the main lobby to play with the iPad.

At one point, I smiled and said hello to a Senior lady, who stopped and asked me, “If you see my daughter, would you tell her I took the North Elevator to 2100?”

“Okay, what does your daughter look like?” I asked.

“She’s wearing a floral shirt.”

“Okay, what is her name?”

“Deborah.”

“Thank you! I have to go or I’ll be late.”

“Ummm … is she tall or … “ and she was gone.

I did spot a woman in a floral top speaking to the info desk clerk. She went toward the Lab, so I figured it wasn’t Deborah.

A few minutes later, she started walking toward me. I stopped her, and asked, “Are you Deborah?”

“Yes.”

“Your mom asked me to tell you that she took the North Elevators to 2100.”

Deborah looked at me sideways, laughed and said she just found out she went the wrong way.

Maybe because I was on the iPad writing my post, Deborah’s mom thought I worked there as an aide or something. I don’t know. It just amused me. She was such a dear.

After I finished my post, I thought I should close up shop and return to the radiology lobby. It was 3:15. Jim wasn’t due out until 4:00.

I turned around, the heavy satchel slung across my body, my purse and my Aquafina from the machine at $1.86, and there was Jim. He was sitting in a corridor chair directly behind me but several yards away.

“How long have you been sitting there?” I asked him as I approached.

“10 minutes maybe.”

“Didn’t you see me sitting at the table? I’m wearing a top with broad white and blue stripes, and you know what I look like!”

He said, “I saw the shirt, but I wasn’t sure whether it was you.”

He always tells me that I look “very nice,” and then he forgets what I’m wearing, when I’m out of his sight.

THE GOOD NEWS

The scan table was much more comfortable than the one he was on in March. The tech was very careful about how much time he had to extend his arms upward.

Having the Tattoos was a time saver, for certain, and now he has pen marks all over his chest, covered with plastic adhesive. That plastic stayed on there for a long time before.

Jim felt no pain at all during the simulation today. He was relaxed, and he went to his peaceful place, before he climbed on the machine. (This is a visualization, which I taught Jim, and we have used many times in the last 3 years.)

The Tylenol with Codeine worked. I had to convince him that he didn’t need two of them prior to the simulation. I read the label: 1 every 6 hours. “You have to be cognizant during this process today, honey.”

Jim was quite pleased with everything today. He says he feels confident and hopeful, so I feel the same way.

We had a nice lunch at home, turned on the MLB playoffs, and now, Jim is relaxing in bed ready for a nap.

GOD BLESS JOHN

John thought that Jim was having treatment starting today and that every day this week, he would be transporting us. His wife is out of town, and he’d have to do some rearranging if that were the case.

We talked about the RAV4, and John asked about just taking me to a Toyota dealer and buying the car and bringing it home. I explained that I don’t want to be away from Jim for that long, as I know how long this stuff can take. I’m also trying to avoid being around people, although we’re around people, when we go to the doctor/radiology, etc. I want to do this on line.

I just need help from him and Jim to pick the RAV4 for us, and then I can follow the process on line, and call to negotiate or get help.

When John dropped us off, he asked me, “What is the latest with getting the termites taken care of?”

I patted him on his shoulder, “Oh, John, bless you. I don’t have a second to even think about that right now. That is back on the back back burner. I just … can’t …”

He said, “Of course, I understand. Just checking in to make sure that you guys get whatever you need.”

As much as we need to stop our termite infestation, I worry that even the “organic” orange stuff used in our attics will be toxic for Jim in his fragile state. And of course, logistically, we have 3 solid weeks of appointments ahead of us, so we won’t have time for anything else.

Thank you all so much for walking beside us, for loving and praying for us, and sending us your positive energy. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thank you Virginia and ANN!

Well, what I’ve learned so far on the iPad is that I much prefer an actual keyboard. Using the stylus was awkward, and the iPad keyboard is so not like any other standard keyboard. On my iMac keyboard, I could write 5 times more than I wrote on the iPad in the same amount of time.

However, I am pleased that I was able to find BT, CN, and post. I also found our webmail. I also looked at the RAV4 selection. I don’t know what I’m looking for! They are all the same or similar. I’ll take any of them!

Jim told John in the car that he wants the RAV4 color to be “gun metal.” Okay. First, I don’t want a car color with the word “gun” in it. Second, I think they stopped using that color on cars in the 80s. The closest we can get is a grey metallic. I am rather fond of the flaming red, but that would stand out in our neighborhood, where most cars are white. Nothing like a giant truck and a flaming red RAV4 sitting on our driveway to attract attention!

PREP MEETING

Meanwhile, at the radiology oncology appointment, Jim and I were taken to a small conference room, where his tech went over everything with us. A very nice, kind young-ish man, although he’s been doing this for 21 years. That’s still young to us!

He asked whether Jim still had his tattoos from his March simulation/staging. We laughed, because they washed off a few months ago. He said, “But, they are permanent!” Turns out he still has them, as shown during his scan.

He asked about Jim’s pain and his Ascites. When he saw the size of Jim’s gut, he said, “WHOA! Have you thought about getting that drained?” Yes, we have and still are. We need a doctor to refer Jim.

MY WAITING

I wasn’t permitted to go into the scan room with Jim, so that’s when I scooted out to the main lobby to play with the iPad.

At one point, I smiled and said hello to a Senior lady, who stopped and asked me, “If you see my daughter, would you tell her I took the North Elevator to 2100?”

“Okay, what does your daughter look like?” I asked.

“She’s wearing a floral shirt.”

“Okay, what is her name?”

“Deborah.”

“Thank you! I have to go or I’ll be late.”

“Ummm … is she tall or … “ and she was gone.

I did spot a woman in a floral top speaking to the info desk clerk. She went toward the Lab, so I figured it wasn’t Deborah.

A few minutes later, she started walking toward me. I stopped her, and asked, “Are you Deborah?”

“Yes.”

“Your mom asked me to tell you that she took the North Elevators to 2100.”

Deborah looked at me sideways, laughed and said she just found out she went the wrong way.

Maybe because I was on the iPad writing my post, Deborah’s mom thought I worked there as an aide or something. I don’t know. It just amused me. She was such a dear.

After I finished my post, I thought I should close up shop and return to the radiology lobby. It was 3:15. Jim wasn’t due out until 4:00.

I turned around, the heavy satchel slung across my body, my purse and my Aquafina from the machine at $1.86, and there was Jim. He was sitting in a corridor chair directly behind me but several yards away.

“How long have you been sitting there?” I asked him as I approached.

“10 minutes maybe.”

“Didn’t you see me sitting at the table? I’m wearing a top with broad white and blue stripes, and you know what I look like!”

He said, “I saw the shirt, but I wasn’t sure whether it was you.”

He always tells me that I look “very nice,” and then he forgets what I’m wearing, when I’m out of his sight.

THE GOOD NEWS

The scan table was much more comfortable than the one he was on in March. The tech was very careful about how much time he had to extend his arms upward.

Having the Tattoos was a time saver, for certain, and now he has pen marks all over his chest, covered with plastic adhesive. That plastic stayed on there for a long time before.

Jim felt no pain at all during the simulation today. He was relaxed, and he went to his peaceful place, before he climbed on the machine. (This is a visualization, which I taught Jim, and we have used many times in the last 3 years.)

The Tylenol with Codeine worked. I had to convince him that he didn’t need two of them prior to the simulation. I read the label: 1 every 6 hours. “You have to be cognizant during this process today, honey.”

Jim was quite pleased with everything today. He says he feels confident and hopeful, so I feel the same way.

We had a nice lunch at home, turned on the MLB playoffs, and now, Jim is relaxing in bed ready for a nap.

GOD BLESS JOHN

John thought that Jim was having treatment starting today and that every day this week, he would be transporting us. His wife is out of town, and he’d have to do some rearranging if that were the case.

We talked about the RAV4, and John asked about just taking me to a Toyota dealer and buying the car and bringing it home. I explained that I don’t want to be away from Jim for that long, as I know how long this stuff can take. I’m also trying to avoid being around people, although we’re around people, when we go to the doctor/radiology, etc. I want to do this on line.

I just need help from him and Jim to pick the RAV4 for us, and then I can follow the process on line, and call to negotiate or get help.

When John dropped us off, he asked me, “What is the latest with getting the termites taken care of?”

I patted him on his shoulder, “Oh, John, bless you. I don’t have a second to even think about that right now. That is back on the back back burner. I just … can’t …”

He said, “Of course, I understand. Just checking in to make sure that you guys get whatever you need.”

As much as we need to stop our termite infestation, I worry that even the “organic” orange stuff used in our attics will be toxic for Jim in his fragile state. And of course, logistically, we have 3 solid weeks of appointments ahead of us, so we won’t have time for anything else.

Thank you all so much for walking beside us, for loving and praying for us, and sending us your positive energy. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Congrats on starting to learn more of the iPad. When I first got my phone I realized I'm a super slow at texts but I got used to it for short messages and I'm sure you will too. So glad Jim was NOT in pain today! Yay! More prayers for pain free days.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Blood in the Stool

The result of Jim's fecal occult blood test was posted on his portal today. Positive. Blood in the stool.

Dr. K's note: some blood found; a GI consult, when he is feeling stronger.

In response to my email about Jim's adverse reactions to Nexium, he said nothing about that. He merely told me that Jim should take 1-2 Tums twice a day, "as needed." Well, how do we know when or if he needs it? I guess now that we've got blood in his poo, that is the answer.

Jim does have diverticulitus and colon wall thickening. Dr. K suspected colitis. But what if there is cancer in his colon now? That requires a colonoscopy, and I just don't think Jim can manage that now. We have 3 weeks of radiation coming up. It would be good if Jim could have his gut drained before he starts that. Plus see a GI?

Why don't we just reserve a room at the hospital Cancer Unit for the two of us for the next month and get it all done in one place? Save time and travel and stress and strain on both of us.

Of course, our GI is one of the most wonderful doctors we have ever known. He took care of Michael twice. After Jonathan had his Gtube placed in 2011, he visited annually and changed the Gtube in Jonathan's room. He is sweet, loving, kind, gentle, compassionate. We love and trust him implicitly.

If possible, we should at least have a consultation with him. But how do we squeeze that in among all of the other appointments?

Jim's energy level is running low. He is taking his THC in the morning to ward off pain and help him relax. He does relax and sleeps, on and off all morning and afternoon. In the last 2 days, he has only taken 2 regular strength Tylenol for some slight pain in his tumor area. That's it. He's increased his CBD oil to 60 mg/day. Still on his maintenance dose of 10 mg Prednisone.

It's a little daunting to think about weaning down on the Prednisone, with the radiation treatments on the horizon. He will need it for pain management then, I strongly suspect.

No, we haven't ordered a car yet. I tried to get Jim interested in looking at them, and he said, "I want to search on the iPad for other Toyota dealerships to see if we can get a better deal."

It's exasperating sometimes. I reminded him that I had looked at several dealerships for Toyota, Honda, and Subaru. The one I chose has Express Service. We are going there. For the thousandth time. And Jim wouldn't know how to search for a dealership.

I have to set everything up for him on the iPad.

Yesterday, I managed to get Neflix on the iPad, after numerous password entries and trying to navigate the system. I got it. I set it up for Jim to watch Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," which we watched together on our computer for many years. I got the first episode of the new season on for Jim, and he fell asleep watching it.

I set up a 20 minute Pink Floyd concert excerpt for him on YouTube, and when it was finished, he forgot what I told him to do to watch the next one. So, his default is his golf solitaire game, for which he has an app, thanks to John.

He wanted fajitas for an early dinner. I wasn't sure about the spices, but I guess he can take a couple of TUMS now. Most of the food we eat is seasoned moderately. But he loves Mexican and Indian food. He has no overt reactions, like reflux or nausea.

A new path on his journey.

We just give abundant thanks that Jim is not experiencing unbearable pain, and we pray that it continues to be so for him.

Thank you, funnylegs4, and everyone for your prayers, love, and continuing support. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose, I know your emotions are all over the place. I don’t know if I missed something, but I thought Jim was to start radiation this week. You said it was on the horizon, and I had thought the three weeks started this week.

The blood in the stool is upsetting to say the least, however I am going to pray that it is something other than the spread of the cancer and something that can be taken care of after radiation. The lung cancer is not in question and therefore I think I would be inclined to concentrate on that right now.

It appears that you are going to have to handle the car deal, but maybe you could run where to get it by John. Bless John again. Please tell him that not only you and Jim bless him, but also all your on line family does also. We count on him to watch out for the two of you right now.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

You're so right. My emotions are scattered everywhere. I'm trying to remain balanced, but thoughts, memories, fears, worry all interfere constantly.

Jim's appointment on Monday was for "simulation." This is where he is "tattooed," and the scans will be used to make a mold of a contraption to hold him precisely in place, when he has the treatments. It's like a bolting down. He had a mask for his brain, and he looked like a hockey player.

It takes a week to 10 days for the mold to be made. So we wait.

That's why I want to get the car purchased and delivered soon. But Jim is not into it. I asked John to look at the Express Service site, but he wanted to take me to a local Toyota dealer. I might as well just close my eyes and click on any car on the dealer's site. They're all RAV4s, so how are they different. This is where I need Jim's or John's input.

I put the Radiation Parking Permit, good til December, paper in Jim's Radiation folder. I said to Jim, "We won't need that, if John drives us, because he doesn't park. He just unloads."

Today, Jim blindsided me, when he told me that he'd taken a Tylenol with Codeine early this afternoon. When I asked him why he didn't tell me, he said it was because he doesn't want to worry me.

First, the THC knocks him out, and he sleeps in the morning. Then, he wakes up and takes T/C, and he's a zombie, goes back to sleep, wakes up to eat lunch, and goes back to sleep. He isn't drinking enough, because he is sleeping. Naturally, I'm concerned, since I don't know that he has taken T/C.

Time for a chat, and in his foggy haze he listened but attempted to argue gently with me.

"Look, I'm either on your team, or I'm not. If I'm on your team, I have to know everything. And when you don't tell me things, I think the worst. I asked you several times this morning about your pain, and you said it was fine. Now you tell me it was a 7 out of 10, and I never heard you even groan with pain. Not like you did when it was excruciating, that's for sure. Do not hold anything back from me, please."

He agreed, as he has before, and then he forgets, thinking he is protecting me by not disclosing everything to me.

When he wakes up, I'm going to remind him that Jonathan and Michael couldn't tell me where they hurt or how they felt. But he can, and I don't want to be guessing about him, when he's able to communicate everything to me.

He's been making tea for himself, and I observed that he might be getting too much caffeine and sugar. This perturbs him. I understand how much he loves his tea, of course, but I'm just trying to protect his bladder and glucose level. Occasionally, he likes to have a Stella with Mexican food, and I've obliged. But in researching blood in the stool, I had to tell him that it was not recommended.

So, I'm the bad guy.

The iPad wouldn't connect to Netflix today. Someone, anyone, please tell me why? I checked our Settings. It's an app on our home page. It worked yesterday.

So, I found one of his favorite artists, Chris Rea, on YouTube, a full concert from 2017, which he's never seen. He fell asleep half way through it.

John gave Jim some wireless ear buds. They are simple, but I can't figure out how to work them now. My brain is so crowded with life stuff. I researched them on the internet and YouTube, and I can't find the ones he gave Jim. So, the next time we see John, he can show us again, and I will write down the steps for future reference.

Our backyard is depressing me, so today, I swept the very large patio filled with leaves, removed dead plants and hosed down all of the patio furniture. Next week, I will ask the gardeners to clean up all of the leaves. At least now, I'm not tracking in debris. That matters, since I swiffered and vacuumed today. I can't set off the Roomba, because there are too many obstacles on the floor.

Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets. I'm just trying to get in as much as I can now, because when radiation treatment begins, I won't have the time or energy to do anything.

As I was vacuuming the rug in Michael's room today, the image of Jonathan laying there vividly appeared in my mind. While cleaning his floors, I was overwhelmed by his absence. When I water the plants outside of his bedroom window, I look in, and Jonathan isn't there.

In 2 days, it will be 6 months since Jonathan passed. That simply numbs me to even think about it.

Soon, it will be his 50th and Michael's 49th birthdays. Who knows now, where we will be then, with Jim's needs, treatment, care? Then, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year. Always a difficult time for us for 16 years since Michael's passing. Now ...

Yes. My emotions are all over the place.

Thank you, Virginia, and all of our dear friends, for your prayers, love, compassion, understanding and walking beside us. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Rose, I know I don’t know all that you are going through, but my husband had family living in Georgia, but they were unable to come and help me because his brother-in-law who he was very close to was terminal with pancreatic cancer. My own brothers were young with families and jobs. So I can relate to being pretty much alone. If someone had told me I had to buy a car in addition I think it would have finished me off.

I remember when my husband’s thinking began to get fuzzy at times, I put all his medicine in a bread box and hid it. I didn’t want to take any chances. Unfortunately we were in the hospital a lot and I had to then worry about the hospital staff giving him what he was supposed to get at least halfway close to when he was supposed to get it.

It is just very high anxiety all the time and I can relate to that.

Blessings being sent to you both.

18. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Virginia)))))) ~

You're so right. My emotions are scattered everywhere. I'm trying to remain balanced, but thoughts, memories, fears, worry all interfere constantly.

Jim's appointment on Monday was for "simulation." This is where he is "tattooed," and the scans will be used to make a mold of a contraption to hold him precisely in place, when he has the treatments. It's like a bolting down. He had a mask for his brain, and he looked like a hockey player.

It takes a week to 10 days for the mold to be made. So we wait.

That's why I want to get the car purchased and delivered soon. But Jim is not into it. I asked John to look at the Express Service site, but he wanted to take me to a local Toyota dealer. I might as well just close my eyes and click on any car on the dealer's site. They're all RAV4s, so how are they different. This is where I need Jim's or John's input.

I put the Radiation Parking Permit, good til December, paper in Jim's Radiation folder. I said to Jim, "We won't need that, if John drives us, because he doesn't park. He just unloads."

Today, Jim blindsided me, when he told me that he'd taken a Tylenol with Codeine early this afternoon. When I asked him why he didn't tell me, he said it was because he doesn't want to worry me.

First, the THC knocks him out, and he sleeps in the morning. Then, he wakes up and takes T/C, and he's a zombie, goes back to sleep, wakes up to eat lunch, and goes back to sleep. He isn't drinking enough, because he is sleeping. Naturally, I'm concerned, since I don't know that he has taken T/C.

Time for a chat, and in his foggy haze he listened but attempted to argue gently with me.

"Look, I'm either on your team, or I'm not. If I'm on your team, I have to know everything. And when you don't tell me things, I think the worst. I asked you several times this morning about your pain, and you said it was fine. Now you tell me it was a 7 out of 10, and I never heard you even groan with pain. Not like you did when it was excruciating, that's for sure. Do not hold anything back from me, please."

He agreed, as he has before, and then he forgets, thinking he is protecting me by not disclosing everything to me.

When he wakes up, I'm going to remind him that Jonathan and Michael couldn't tell me where they hurt or how they felt. But he can, and I don't want to be guessing about him, when he's able to communicate everything to me.

He's been making tea for himself, and I observed that he might be getting too much caffeine and sugar. This perturbs him. I understand how much he loves his tea, of course, but I'm just trying to protect his bladder and glucose level. Occasionally, he likes to have a Stella with Mexican food, and I've obliged. But in researching blood in the stool, I had to tell him that it was not recommended.

So, I'm the bad guy.

The iPad wouldn't connect to Netflix today. Someone, anyone, please tell me why? I checked our Settings. It's an app on our home page. It worked yesterday.

So, I found one of his favorite artists, Chris Rea, on YouTube, a full concert from 2017, which he's never seen. He fell asleep half way through it.

John gave Jim some wireless ear buds. They are simple, but I can't figure out how to work them now. My brain is so crowded with life stuff. I researched them on the internet and YouTube, and I can't find the ones he gave Jim. So, the next time we see John, he can show us again, and I will write down the steps for future reference.

Our backyard is depressing me, so today, I swept the very large patio filled with leaves, removed dead plants and hosed down all of the patio furniture. Next week, I will ask the gardeners to clean up all of the leaves. At least now, I'm not tracking in debris. That matters, since I swiffered and vacuumed today. I can't set off the Roomba, because there are too many obstacles on the floor.

Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets. I'm just trying to get in as much as I can now, because when radiation treatment begins, I won't have the time or energy to do anything.

As I was vacuuming the rug in Michael's room today, the image of Jonathan laying there vividly appeared in my mind. While cleaning his floors, I was overwhelmed by his absence. When I water the plants outside of his bedroom window, I look in, and Jonathan isn't there.

In 2 days, it will be 6 months since Jonathan passed. That simply numbs me to even think about it.

Soon, it will be his 50th and Michael's 49th birthdays. Who knows now, where we will be then, with Jim's needs, treatment, care? Then, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year. Always a difficult time for us for 16 years since Michael's passing. Now ...

Yes. My emotions are all over the place.

Thank you, Virginia, and all of our dear friends, for your prayers, love, compassion, understanding and walking beside us. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones.

Love & Light,

Rose
    I don't know squat about iPads but when my friends with iPads get this error it is usually that Netflix itself is being glitchy. I pray Jim tells you when he feels pain so he remains pain free.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast