Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: July chit-chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Yup! And no alcohol or Miralax or laxatives while on Flagyl which is almost always used to treat it. They can all cause intractable vomiting and increase the risk for perforation. This is the first time I have not been admitted to the hospital (9th time having it). I caught it and went for help at least 2 days earlier than I have in the past. The thing about seeds and nuts is old school advice and is no longer offered as they have found that people who do that have no better outcomes than those who don't and may lose out on good nutrition in the process. The water is to keep things loose and moving so there is not so much pressure on areas that are prone to inflammation. Might be nice if they did some gut microbiome studies relating to this.....

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Cherie)))))) ~

So happy for you that you found relief!

Jim has been diagnosed with diverticulitis, although he has no symptoms (showed up on CT scan). I truly appreciate you sharing your experiences with it, so I know what could happen and will be able to recognize it.

In searching for constipation remedies for Jonathan, I found that the majority of them have polyethelene glycol. It's amazing how that appears in so many different products for a variety of uses. That's why we relied on good ol' MOM.

May things keep moving well for you, and I'm sending prayers for safe travel.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) My dear friend Bill who took care of my brother when he was dying and who took care of my Mother until her death now has dementia. About two months ago he fell and broke his hip and has been in the hospital and rehab. Apparently he forgot he has to have help and got up and fell again and broke his other hip. He had surgery and is in the hospital. He asked his brother what plane they were on. So sad. He is 87. Please say a prayer for Bill.

I am not happy with the Depends and I am going with ndy to lunch and then to Publix so I can find some other diapers or pads. I am not having many accidents but not few enough to quit the diaper yet.

I read all the posts but have trouble remembering who wrote what. I am so happy to be able to be back on the board. Jeanie :)

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, I'm so sorry about your good friend. It's so sad when someone is failing. It's too bad he had to have surgery. Maybe he will be more himself again after he's recovered from that.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quite a few loud explosions still going on here, on July 11. People out here think this is still the Wild West.

I believe at least one very serious forest fire recently was the result of fireworks. And there's always an incident where someone is blinded or otherwise seriously injured.

[shuffling off the soapbox now--and back to the henhouse]

Virginia, you haven't been seen lately. I hope you're all right.
    Last edited by agate; 07-11-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

There's one hen missing today! OH, here she comes. Good morning Agate!

I've already been to the store this morning. All set until Monday, then I need to do my serious shopping to stock up until next month, and payday.

My brother has a birthday coming up Sunday. The old man will turn 60. Wow! He's my YOUNGER brother. Then that makes me.....old.

Everyone have a great weekend!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...=2026928&faf=1

Its worth it, and free, to register at medscape to see current medical news and research. This article says that Calif will pay docs medical school bills if they carry at least 30% caseload of Medicaid patients.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I did go to lunch with Andy, really nice outing. Then to Publix and found some other diapers and pads I will try. Very tired so headed for a nap. Hi everyone. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Excellent Jeanie!

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...=2026928&faf=1

Its worth it, and free, to register at medscape to see current medical news and research. This article says that Calif will pay docs medical school bills if they carry at least 30% caseload of Medicaid patients.
    Wonderful program. I shared article with friends/family. Thanks
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast