Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: this happened at yesterday’s Farmers’ Market.....it was a wonderful day

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default OT: this happened at yesterday’s Farmers’ Market.....it was a wonderful day

Yesterday at a gloriously busy farmers’ market there was an early morning space of relative quiet. I noticed a young couple who stood out because they were handsomely dressed up. (I never understood the meaning of that up but it does fit this couple.)

As they walked by my plants we chatted and I had the chance to say something about the brightly white dress with extraordinary detailed hummingbird embroidery dotting its waves of cloth. Yes, the girl agreed it was beautiful. In fact, it was her wedding dress. Really I exclaimed. Are you on your way to get married? No, they were not on their way TO but in fact they were on their way FROM. They had been married an hour before. Imagine.

We chatted. About my 51 year marriage. Especially helping it survive the rhythms of life. We chatted. About my plants. Especially the strawberry hanging pots with strawberries spilling over the sides. The promise of these plants producing exquisite fruit for months ahead made them say they wanted one and would return after wandering through the market. As they left I said something out loud about giving them the plant as a wedding gift. A listening customer loved that idea so much she gave me money for the plant and told me to give it to them ...a present from both of us she said. Lovely.

I did keep watch down the busy market to make sure this couple returned. What if in the second hour of their marriage they had decided not to carry home a hanging plant with all its potential to mar their whiteness? ( the groom too was dressed in white.) I mentioned my concern to the customer friend now in front of me and he sped down the market to tell this couple of the wedding gift waiting for them. Surprise and smiles.

And this is my world. Every Saturday morning in Northampton. Life.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a beautiful story! And maybe it will be good luck for the young couple to have met someone who's been married 51 years in their first hours as a married couple. My guess is that neither of them will ever forget this lovely gift or the person who gave it to them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

What a wonderful story Laz! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. ... memorable :)

5. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, this is a great story. This couple will always remember you and maybe will be together in many years talking about the nice lady who gave them a plant on their wedding day. Also, what a wonderful gesture the customer made in paying you for this strawberry plant. Good food and good things happen at the Farmer's Market.
    Virginia

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Linda)))))) ~

Just beautiful! So much love being shared in those moments between all of you. I hope that this couple returns to the Farmer's Market often to purchase your wares and enjoy your nutritious food. May they always remember what you told them about your 51 year marriage and the kindness shown to them. Every year on their anniversary, I hope they have strawberries to celebrate.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Linda)))))) ~

Just beautiful! So much love being shared in those moments between all of you. I hope that this couple returns to the Farmer's Market often to purchase your wares and enjoy your nutritious food. May they always remember what you told them about your 51 year marriage and the kindness shown to them. Every year on their anniversary, I hope they have strawberries to celebrate.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Great idea. If I see them again I will tell them your suggestion! It would be lovely to have a special way to celebrate each year that reminds you of how it all started.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, you're a good person and a great example for a young couple just starting out in life.

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

It was a lovely thing you did! It should make a great memory for them each anniversary.

TC and I were to celebrate our 51st anniversary too, on June 1.....but I was in the hospital. We have to do that one day soon, now that I'm home.

15. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So sorry you've had to delay your anniversary observance by being in the hospital. In case you didn't notice, it was observed here:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...e-and-Lazarus!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cat’s home!

19. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast