Thread: More CBD Oil Information Needed

Distinguished Community Member

Default More CBD Oil Information Needed

My brother has Neuropathy of unknown source. He called me recently and was on his way to pharmacy he said to get CBD oil. He has never taken this or used MMJ. He had been reading about how it would help his neuropathy. I tried to tell him he needed to get pure CBD oil. I told him it was hard to find and you probably would not find it in the drugstore.

I have heard they are selling it in the drugstore for neuropathy, ms, RA and most everything. This is not how you buy it is it?

How can they separate it out according to diseases?

Iím hoping he didnít buy it but wish he could get some relief.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

"I typed the above and also a reply to Hootswithowls from my iPhone and posted it. All while sitting in my living room. I am at my computer now."
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Check out the MMJ thread I started a while back.
    Most CBD is from the hemp plant and is unregulated: you dont know whatís in it. And, in general is less effective than the Cannibis plant CBD, as it doesnt have any THC or terpenes in it. The 3 basic components act in concert with each other and they ratio of CBD to THC is the determinant for what conditions it can help.

So, he may or may not get relief. If he gets no relief, donít give up. Get the real stuff.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks so much Sunshine. I am beginning to understand, at least a little. I had checked out your MMJ thread, but just didn't understand it. Now, if I am correct in interpreting this the CBD oil should come from the Cannibis plant and not the hemp plant and it should be pure CBD oil along with THC or terpenes in it. My brother will not take anything with MMJ in it. He is constantly on the go working and is very sensitive to medicine, so he would be very afraid of MMJ.

I think I thought just the CBD oil, if pure, was what would help. I also thought that was what had been legalized in all states. If this is correct how can a drugstore sell CBD oil with THC in it, if the THC represents the MMJ in the oil? Is it possible pure CBD oil with nothing in it would help? I am concerned that since this is not regulated that heavy metals and anything could be used as fillers.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

The OTC CBD is from the hemp plant and thus legal across America. It has trace THC in it, negligible. If he buys the Cannabis CBD tell him to get the highest CBD to THC ratio. From the company Surterra in Flordia, that would be 12 CBD to 1 THC per dose.
    Its a crap shoot on the hemp plant. Less effective. And who knows what else is in it. It may not harm him, but might be wasted money. If it doesnt help, tell him not to give up on CBD, but to get the ďrealĒ stuff, from the Cannibis plant.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, he did not buy it. He chickened out because he was afraid of what might be in it. I read him what you said in your last post above and he said he had it backwards, he thought that what came from the hemp plant was good. I think it is because it has been legalized everywhere. I doubt that he could get anything that comes from the Cannibis plant in this state, but I did not tell him that.
    Virginia

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"