To The Person Who Feels Suicidal But Doesn't Want To Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To The Person Who Feels Suicidal But Doesn't Want To Die

Suicidal thoughts are thought of in such black-and-white terms. Either you have suicidal thoughts and you want to die, or you don't have suicidal thoughts and you want to live. What most people don't understand is there are some stuck in the gray area of those two statements, I for one am one of them

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Wow, this article is fantastic! So insightful. Reminds me of a guy I once spoke to who had attempted suicide and he said
    "I never wanted to die. I just wanted my pain to stop. Maybe if I hadn't had constant messages that I was a burden and not the son my family wanted I wouldn't have tried it. I just wanted someone to treat me as a human being of value. "

I'm so sorry you feel this way houghchrst!!!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Houghchrist - excellant post. Hope you are still with the group - Never thought I would find myself here - Guess I was in denial. Take care and all the best t you. Blessings. S.

Comment

having read the article, I can relate. But what does one do when one does not have anyone? I never got the art of closing the deal on a relationship, too shy i guess, But it sucks. Heading into the holidays, is Scary. Wish me luck
        Blessings
        Alex - AKA Skypilot

Comment

@houghcrst man you are strong! And the passage that @funnylegs4 shared is really uplifting. So how are you doing man?
          @alex44 i feel sorry if you got no one to talk to - but you can have us here to listen to you and lets share and be inspired by one another :)

I, myself...well i am okay (i think). It is just that i am anxious with this Covid thing. It keeps running in my head. hmmmm...

Well, I wish everyone is doing good :)

Comment

I for one am hanging in here. Yes Alex the holidays are scary but this year I feel a bit at peace with things. I only bought gifts for my boys and my closest three friends. Oh and for the brother that still loves me lol. I miss the big family gatherings but I do not miss the stress of it. I am lucky, I have my boys around me in my Covid Bubble so I am not too terribly lonely. Alex you are not completely alone. You have us. We care and are always glad to hear from you.

Choco things have not gotten any better since I posted this but I get by day to day. I have to. This Covid scares me and I am sure it will just take time before everybody has had it or gets it. Just different levels of it. I will wait for the first responders to be guinea pigs when it comes to the vaccines before I even entertain the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by houghchrst View Post
              I for one am hanging in here. Yes Alex the holidays are scary but this year I feel a bit at peace with things. I only bought gifts for my boys and my closest three friends. Oh and for the brother that still loves me lol. I miss the big family gatherings but I do not miss the stress of it. I am lucky, I have my boys around me in my Covid Bubble so I am not too terribly lonely. Alex you are not completely alone. You have us. We care and are always glad to hear from you.

Choco things have not gotten any better since I posted this but I get by day to day. I have to. This Covid scares me and I am sure it will just take time before everybody has had it or gets it. Just different levels of it. I will wait for the first responders to be guinea pigs when it comes to the vaccines before I even entertain the idea.

I feel that 2021 is still a struggle with the C-virus. I am still worrying a bit but I guess it is what everyone feels. I wont be getting the vaccine too, still scared of its effects, probably after 2 yrs.

Comment

Hi there Soiled. I am sorry that you too are struggling. At least you are not alone. We are all here for you. Hopefully January will pass relatively uneventful minus the election results.

Comment

With the unbearable situation, we have today because of C-virus and the illness that we endure, it's no wonder most are having suicidal thoughts. Anyway, let's just continue to be positive and keep ourselves busy together with our loved ones.

Comment

I read somewhere in FB but I am not sure how true it is (well you know how social media works) - that in the US, there is a genocide going on because of how difficult our situation is right now. This does really affect our mental health.

Comment

The gray area can be a challenging place to be, especially when it comes to something as sensitive as suicidal thoughts.It's okay to have complex feelings and not fit neatly into predefined categories. What matters most is reaching out for support and understanding that there are people and resources available to help navigate this difficult space.If you're looking to explore this topic further or seeking some guidance, I found a source that could provide valuable insights: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register.... It's always good to seek different perspectives and support when dealing with such feelings.

Comment

Thank you Desterules. I appreciate it. I have a therapist and a psychiatrist. I also have two very wonderful mentors. If you would like to see the journey I have begun I am in the Emotional Support group in the What's happenin' thread. The most recent activity. I hope you are well on your journey.

Comment

Working...
                        X