Thread: Mental Health Co-Morbidities in MS

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Default Mental Health Co-Morbidities in MS

I had the privilege of attending the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers annual meeting in Seattle last week where 2200 Clinicians from around the world met to share research, rehab, treatment plans with each other. Friday (5/31/2019) my day was spent in sessions related to Mental Health and MS. Real Talk MS did a podcast each day and Friday's starts with my recount of the sessions I attended. I speak for about 12 or 13 minutes at the start of this half hour podcast. http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/7/f/8/7f8d...f63ea7aedda594

If you wish to listen to more podcasts about MS go to www.RealTalkMS.com

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you Cherie, I did listen to what you posted and enjoyed hearing a few minutes of what went on. Good job.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very instructive! Interesting that people with MS have two and a half times as much stress as other people. I can certainly believe that.

I'm not very knowledgeable about podcasts and so was probably doing something wrong but I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes of it in the link. However, I found it using the RealTalk link you provided and was able to hear it quite well.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

thanks Cherie, i just listened to your very effective presentation— you seem to have the cognitive skills and a voice of a much younger woman!!! The info was valuable. Am especially interested in the Telemedicine comments.

For me, I know longer can get to many of my docs without help. its a 30 minute drive, and then, at the end of the drive, its too far to walk from the hcap space to the building where the wheelchairs are. telemedicine would be a great alternative when i cant find a ride.

The statistics on MS mental health issues, I wonder how it compares to other serious neuro disorder. Might the depression, anxiety and sucide rates be equivalent. Or compared to other non neurological but serious illness patients. Same questions? I.e. is it the MS per se, or is it the difficulty in living with this type of condition...

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I was so very, very tired by the time of this interview that I felt like my speaking was in slow motion and I sounded "blotto" but as we moved through it, I think I "woke up " a bit. I appreciate your kind words and support.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was so very, very tired by the time of this interview that I felt like my speaking was in slow motion and I sounded "blotto" but as we moved through it, I think I "woke up " a bit. I appreciate your kind words and support.
    It may have felt like that, but from what I heard, the audience would not have thought you sounded blotto etc!

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"