Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Such good news about your improvement, Jeanie! It sounds as if you've been really moving forward.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, I am hoping you will get to keep this Physical Therapist for some time, since you seem to be benefitting a lot. Just keep on keeping on.
    Virginia

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Those are terrific prices agate! So sad to see the pig feet. Having had two pet backyard pigs on my backyard “farm” with goats and chickens, I can tell you they are sentient and intelligent creatures. It would be like looking at photos of dog feet.

Jeanie, its great to see you getting stronger and stronger— you came back!

Cherie, what a day you had!

Virginia, I get why you are not interested in the fella. I know I wouldn’t be interested in dating anyone if I was in the situation. Its such an effort to be around people in the first place what with all my physical problems...

My comments were that of all the limitations, it seems like not having an updated outfit was understandable, but a self made boulder. But the other stuff totally makes sense to me...I gave up looking current when I got so handicapped a year ago. The only exception is I dress nicely for doc appointments with new docs so they take me seriously and don’t write me off as expendable. My friend counseled me on that when she saw my outfit of jeans and a Saturday shirt with sneakers.

The sneakers are necessary, though. I cannot walk safely in other shoes. And the R2D2 foot pedals tear up nice shoes.I keep my nice shoes, “just in case I get all better” and can where them again (nice flats—- haven’t worn heels in over 10 years)— a noble goal, but likely not attainable.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-17-2019 at 01:27 AM.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

So, I tried to reduce Baclofen to 80mg daily from 85mg and all day the legs were stiffened yesterday....I donít know if its affiliated with the reduction of Baclofen. I liked the less side effects, not dizzy, better cognition/

Back to 85mg today. If my legs are less stiff, then I have the answer.
    Seeing PCP today to update him on all my GI and bladder changes and get an opinion on the urologistís approach etc. So much to say, hope he has the time. I have my notes typed out for speedy delivery of info. Hope my brain functions well enough. DH will take me.

My eldest child is flying home this coming weekend. Really looking forward to the visit! Will take an ATivan to control spasms and stiffening on Saturday in order to be able to maybe sit in a sedate restaurant for lunch and enjoy the visit...

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I think the busy weekend is working on me today. I slept well and woke refreshed but am dragging now three hours after getting going for the day. Out of State company coming either today or tomorrow for a couple of days.

Kristof (grandson 15) came in first place in yesterday's mountain bike race and also placed first in the region for the whole season in the 11th and 12th grade category (he is finishing his freshman year). Gregory (12 and in 6th grade) placed 6th in the region for the season in the 6th grade group besting his rating from 14th last year. This is such a great organization. There are now more than a hundred riders in every age range from 5th through 12th grade, both boys and girls. The group is called New England High School Cycling Association (NEHSCA). They practice after school twice a week and race every weekend in a different location in all of the 6 New England States from late March till school is out in June.
    Last edited by Cherie; 06-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Wondering how hootswithowls is doing. HWO, I hope you are getting along OK.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, I have been wondering about HWO a lot. I wish she would come back and update us no matter what is going on.

Cherie, Kristof and Gregory are doing so good. Kristof, in particular must be quite athletic. I think it is so good for teens to have something like that to teach them how to compete while also teaching them out to be part of a team.

Summer is definitely here in N.C. Temps are to be in the 90s all week with high humidity. Big difference between this and just Saturday, two days ago. It changes so fast here.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I have been wondering about HWO a lot. I wish she would come back and update us no matter what is going on.

Cherie, Kristof and Gregory are doing so good. Kristof, in particular must be quite athletic. I think it is so good for teens to have something like that to teach them how to compete while also teaching them out to be part of a team.

Summer is definitely here in N.C. Temps are to be in the 90s all week with high humidity. Big difference between this and just Saturday, two days ago. It changes so fast here.
    The house they bought from us last summer is on almost two acres and abuts university athletic fields. They have built bike trails all round the back of the property with planks over swampy areas and logs and ramps. David hates the way it looks but I have to remind him we don't own it anymore and they are being active and creative. There is also a paved bike path less than a half mile from the house that is 7 miles long and Kristof will frequently do that 4x in a day for practice when the actual biking competition season is not in swing. Add to this that he is playing 1st chair violin, recently took up the bass and played that in the last orchestra concert, plays guitar and piano. He wants a double major in music and engineering ("I want to design bikes for people with special needs"). Gregory is still trying to find his instrument with Cello last year, clarinet this year and he's switching to guitar next year.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Gregory is young and he will find his own way as he gets older. I expect Kristof is a little hard to come behind.

I wonder if the counter for this board is right? It says that there are 249 guests and I can't find even one. As Agate has brought out before, we seem to have tons of people. Where are they?
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if the counter for this board is right? It says that there are 249 guests and I can't find even one. As Agate has brought out before, we seem to have tons of people. Where are they?
    Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we can ever "see" the "guests." If they're not logged in, they won't show up anywhere. Their user names won't be shown. They may be able to view this board without being registered, and in that case they wouldn't have user names. I'm not sure how that works.

I've been watching that figure too. Sometimes we've lost about 100 people but lately it's been at 200 and above.

It's hard to believe that all of them are people who registered here at one time and may even have been active here but it's possible because this was a huge board for many years.

Just in the last couple of weeks at least 3 people showed up who haven't been seen here in a long time.

I think that many of the 249 are trolling for people's e-mail addresses or whatever other information they're supposed to be looking for--in other words, they're not real people but bots that have been programmed to visit message boards.

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast