Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Like Sam? No wait, you said they were benevolent. That eliminates my Sam theory.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I said "maybe." I don't know.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yesterday, weather here was near perfect - high 70s with almost no humidity. I felt really good. Today, it has been raining and very cool. I think the high was in the 60s and most of the day did not get above 64, but with the rain, that meant humidity. What a difference I felt between yesterday and today. The weather definitely has a lot to do with MS.

I always thought chiggers stayed near something they could crawl on. They only bit me around the waist when I was sitting up against a tree, and on the back of my legs while sitting against that tree. I didn't even know I was being bit, until I started itching.

Howie, maybe it is a Southern thing, but I also remember clear nail polish as being one of the things suggested to put on them. I don't think I ever tried that because the few times I got bit, there were so many bits that I would have had to cover the back of the legs from heels up to where shorts came and also all the way around the waist of my shorts.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I have a really good PT man. We did a lot of exercises and I stood up 3 times with the walker for 30 seconds. He will be back Friday and Saturday.

I discovered tonight I can't keep the aide much longer as I have gone through my savings.

I used to put clear polish on chiggers too. I have not had one in years. Thanks for all y'all being so concerned. I am blessed to have you all in my life. Jeanie :)

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) I have a really good PT man. We did a lot of exercises and I stood up 3 times with the walker for 30 seconds. He will be back Friday and Saturday.

I discovered tonight I can't keep the aide much longer as I have gone through my savings.

I used to put clear polish on chiggers too. I have not had one in years. Thanks for all y'all being so concerned. I am blessed to have you all in my life. Jeanie :)
    Great to stand! Even for a few seconds it does remind you of what you can do! Good luck Jeanie.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Terrific Jeanie!
    Are you able to do the routine without them present?

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, don't do anything that might put you in any danger. I hope you can keep your helper for at least a few more months. I wish the Physical Therapist could show her how to help you do what he helps you do. I hate to think of you trying anything without someone there.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I've been watching my favorite online show, Jay Leno's Garage. It's a car guy show. He has MANY rare cars himself, but then has guests that will bring a rare car in, and they talk about it, then go for a ride.

The one I just watched had Mr. Carpenter bring his '73 Barracuda by. He was 1/2 of The Carpenter's. Not my kind of music, but they had a lot of hits back in the day. His "Cuda" looks like new, and had 40,000 miles on it. Never been restored.

Besides that, I took a long nap. 2 mugs of coffee puts me to sleep. Go figure.

I'll eat soon, then TV the rest of the evening. Everyone have a great rest of the day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Glad you enjoy that show Howie. I saw him talking about it recently. I remember The Carpenters. I was always sorry about what happened to his sister Karen. I think I remember reading that he was very protective of her.
    Virginia

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I'm glad to see Sarah go. Trump will find another parrot.

Most of the exercises I need help with but some I do. I am being super careful as I do not want another fall. My legs are slowly getting stronger.

Sunday will be the last day I have the aide. I feel I can do my meals, laundry, bath, etc. I will need someone to change the linens, but Andy or Jim have done that before.

You are all in my prayers. Jeanie :)

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast