Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Linda, an energy boost is always good!

nuthatch, did you intend to post a photo? Maybe others are seeing it but it's not there for me.

Had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday. I was concerned because the lab test results recently showed a low potassium level, again. However, we came to an agreement about that, and I'm going back in 3 months for a recheck. She is fortunately turning out to be the kind of doctor who doesn't have the attitude that it's "my way or the highway." She's open to my input.

We discussed whether the vitamin D level should be any higher. The previous doctor wanted it at 80 but the recent test showed it had slipped to 69 from 71. She looked this up and we decided not to change anything about the vitamin D. I'll go on taking 5,000 IU a day. I received congratulations on the BP (112/60) and the HbA1C (5.3). It's always nice to come away from a doctor's appointment without bad news. Like a reprieve. And she treats me with respect, which I really appreciate.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I see that Ellura has been endorsed last month by the American Urological Association as a prophylactic.
    Comforting. I had started it yesterday.

Keep that doctor Agate.

Did the brain MRI today and I didn’t spasm. The tech frowned that the neuro did not order with contrast and aske me why and told me why she thought I should. He specifically said to me No Contrast. I didn’t argue with him since my veins are heavily used and compromised by IVIG. And I have plenty of gadolinium in my body already from past scans.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-04-2019 at 08:42 AM.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Seems we have two June Chit-Chats going. Howie started this one at 12:02 am on June 1st and Lazarus started the other a little over 4 hours later.

As to no contrast on MRI: In relatively stable MS or older adults with MS (over 60) who may have slightly slowed or compromised renal function due to age, it is recommended NOT to use contrast routinely any more. It is to be used mainly for diagnostic purposes and in younger adults. While they used to believe gadolinium cleared in about an hour, they are now finding traces of it in tissue (especially kidney) a month or more after exposure. My Dr and the two "second opinions" I have seen in the last 5 years have all ordered MRIs with NO CONTRAST.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie, could this be due in any way to the stronger MRI machines. I am not saying they are bad, but once when I asked the Radiologist about the T3 (and let me point out this has been many years ago) he said that he would trust his wife in the machine I was using which was not a T3. He stated that he would put her in a T3 only if it was medically necessary. He also stated that for MS purposes that the older machines were fine. Maybe all this has changed since then.

Nuthatch, you said you were posting a picture of Tula, but no picture showed up. If I had a cute curly headed little girl I would show her off at every opportunity. I have found Face Time on my phone, but I will not be using it. I have heard people say that it can make you look pretty bad. Of course a little grandson could never look bad.

I may very well have BPPV. That was a good article on it. I am very lazy when it comes to going to any Doctor anymore. It is so hard to get in to see the good ones around here and I end up being so frustrated. I go if I think I just have to. Otherwise, I sit back and admire people like Ann, Sunshine and Agate who are so diligent about taking good care of their health. I think I do that, pretty much, other than going to the Doctor and keeping regular hours.

Speaking of regular hours I was still paying this morning into the afternoon for overdoing on Sunday. When walking is better due to low humidity it is hard not to do it, and then I stayed up late writing some notes, one to Farmer Joe, and I think that is what finished me off. Then of course I had to get up yesterday and go get haircut.

Ann, you need to cut me some slack. I am older than you are. Besides I just got my phone last week. I thought I was doing pretty good to pull up this site and log myself in. I can't set the text on it and it is very tiny. I did read Agate's latest post and hit the thanks button, and also Sunshine's. I can't go back and forth between threads. I have to go out and then go back in and pull up a different thread. I was able to get FB put on, but have not yet been able to log in. My fault because I can't remember my password. There are a host of other things I have done maybe once or twice and then can't find my way back to them. I need to read the tutorial that I saved off U-tube. I read part of it, but since I did it before I had received the phone obviously it didn't make much sense to me.

Linda, thanks for being our farm update person. We miss that and it helps that we have you.

Agate, my D3 was in the 70s close to 80 years ago. The kind of D3 I was taking was discontinued and since starting another organic kind several years ago it has not gotten out of the 50s. Sounds like you have a good Doctor. I am so glad you do. I miss the Neuro I had for almost 20 years.

Got to go fix dinner. Having Sunshine's chicken, pesto, tomato and cheese dish again. Easy to fix and good, so I eat it pretty often.
    Virginia

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Virginia.
    In a session at the Consortium meeting, they were saying that the 1.5 Tesla machines that we have used from the beginning are NOT ok any longer to diagnose or track active disease and that many people can go years with an unclear diagnosis which could have been arrived at in a 3 tesla machine. 7 Tesla machines are now available in many of the major Comprehensive MS Treatment Centers throughout the Country and can even more clearly track disease progress.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I don't know why the picture does not show for you, it does for me, but I'll give it another try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I can see it. Is she single?
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never mind Howie, nuthatch. I can see the photo now. Tula is a charmer--and it looks as if that curly hair is there to stay.

Some children's hair starts out one way and then turns into something quite different. Tula will probably be one of those lucky people with naturally curly hair.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

She just gets cuter and cuter. Did she bring her big shaggy dog? Does she pose for the camera?
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, I had a co-worker one time who had a small dog who always slept on her head. My co-worker was hot natured anyway, so I think with the dog on her head the air conditioner had to run about year round. I guess she got use to it, but I could not.
    Virginia

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast