Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Nuthatch, such a wonderful write up of tula and watching the photos. ty

Laz, i hate doctor induced problems...that stinks...

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Nuthatch,
    How lovely! Thanks for sharing.

As far as the horse, I believe that one of Peg's profile pics was a photo of her on a horse. That may be what folks are thinking of. I don't think it was a .gif but a .jpg

Slammed trying to catch up over the next three days. Have to edit and submit over a hundred slides for a NMSS program I am doing in RI on the 15th doing both the Clinician Research presentation and the Wellness presentation. Also have to write another article for the MSFocus online Magazine this week, apply for my continuing education credits from the conference, pay bills, etc. At the moment it feels on the edge of overwhelming. Doesn't help that I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. The three hour time change twice within a week is messing with me.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Just checking in. See the surgeon this afternoon. Nice post about Tula. Had an email from Tammy R. and she is surprised this board is still active. Maybe she will come on again. Jeanie :)

5. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agate, would you please PM me an address so I can send a card.
    nuthatch, I hope to do this a bit later today. I'm in a rush just now--a (routine) doctor's appointment to get to this AM.

Virginia, I think you're remembering right about Rita Slater. It was a nightmare.

Agate, if I remember correctly I believe Rita had a bad site reaction to Copaxone and got necrosis of the skin. The Nurse kept telling her to put hot water on the site and she did and it got worse and worse. I believe a friend of hers came on after that and said that Rita had done everything the nurse had told her to do and the nurse told her to keep giving the shots and I think she did that. I might be a little wrong on this, but it is kind of the way I remember it.
    Jeanie, I'm sure everyone would be glad to see Tammy back here. She was known as Jingle for a while, I think?
    Last edited by agate; 06-03-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

7. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I went to the store for all the nonfood items. Then went to CVS and got my refills, and I'm done for the day. It's really nice today, but it starts warming up from here on. Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

9. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

It is not a UTIó good news. Sorta. That means my worsening of legs are not due to an infection.

Will see GYN, as feels like a yeast due to two courses of antibiotics, that didnt respond to OTC inserts.
    That will be Friday since late afternoon appts are ahardship. I have a friend taking me first thing Friday morning.
    At least no more anxiety about UTI.
    Started the nightly Macrodantin and Ellura. The urodynamic test is in 3 weeks. Such a long wait....

11. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, here I was getting concerned about you, while you were just playing and having such a great time. Glad to hear that you had visitors and that you enjoyed them so much. Such a great story about the pictures. Any recent pictures of Tula that you might want to share?

I foolishly stayed up until a little after 1:30AM last night and felt very bad today. The weather here was great, but as Howie stated it is due to get hot again. Actually, it is the humidity that has helped so much.

I went to get hair cut and colored this afternoon. While leaning my head back at the shampoo bowl I had one of my dizzy spells. I had to tell the lady who does my hair that I needed to sit still for a minute when she let me up. It was first I had experienced in several days and I had hoped that this had stopped, but no such luck. I stopped and got something for supper and came home and had a ginger ale.

I have this site on my iPhone, but cannot post I don't think. I am not sure because the text is so small for this site that I can't tell and I haven't learned how to get around this site on the iPhone. I am going quite a few places on the phone, but obviously there is a lot I need to learn to maximize my use of it. I am not too motivated because my computer and very large monitor are so close here at home and my home phone has always been preferable to me over my cell phone. I will learn as I go along to do more on the phone. I do enjoy listening to the podcast and reading some news.
    Virginia

13. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Virginia, I use my phone to read and post here at BT.

Sorry you still have the dizzy spells. Did you ever look into the inner ear thing with an ENT?

Sunshine, that is da** long. Too long.

Cherie, I’d bet the house that you will meet all of your deadlines.

I was up early as my cat Lily finds it necessary to sleep on my head. I just couldn’t shake her.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

15. The following 10 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Sorry Virginia, I don't mean to make anyone worry! When Tula comes for a visit, I am in constant demand, much to my delight. We are both a couple of nuts and enjoy each others antics immensely. My daughter enjoys the break and gets to have conversations with her dad without the interruptions of a toddler. She also enjoys watching her daughter interact with her Nana and Grandpa since we live so far apart.

Sorry to hear you're still dealing with dizziness. Have you spoken to you doctor about the possibility of BPPV being the cause? Trying not to nag, but don't want you to suffer with dizziness unnecessarily if it's something that is simple to fix. Here is another article that explains BPPV clearly.
    https://vestibular.org/understanding...tional-vertigo

I have a smart phone but never utilize half of what it can do. I think it's way, way smarter than I am! The camera, text, and the speaker phone are the invaluable functions for me. I recently found out, thanks to my son, that I can talk and also see him in a phone call. I now get to see my grandson, Everett and he can see me too! Since I will never get to see their home in person, Ean has given me a tour of their home with his phone. Everett shows me his toys, his back yard, even his little dog! We give each other phone kisses. It's great!

Thinking of Jeanie, Cat, Rose and of course, Peg's family. Prayers for healing.

Hang in there Sunshine.

Ann, is the eating thing improving? I sure couldn't sleep with a cat on my head! One of mine sleeps against my left side every night. The other cat sleeps next to DH after she walks across him just as he is drifting off! Drives him crazy. Cats . . . they have a mind of their own!

Well, I just had some fresh raw veggies dipped in red wine vinegar dressing. Can't get used to eating burgundy colored carrots! Makes me think of Laz!
    Funny, pasta makes me think of Howie and that yummy potato soup always brings Virginia to mind! Of course, chocolate is an Ann thing!
    Welcome back to Hoots! Stick around!
    Hi to anyone else I missed mentioning too.
    Here's a pic of my girl.

17. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had the first round of rituxan in this June course yesterday. I was full of energy last night but my neuro always reminded me that the immediate energy was probably coming from the pre med of steroids I get before the rituxan. Whatever, I even thought about cleaning the house so I must be feeling better!

The farming season is starting off slowly here in western Massachusetts. But, the fields are almost all planted.... some crops are big enough so that when I look down the rows I can see straight lines of crops that have emerged from the ground. I love that look...before the weeds have emerged to threaten the crop. The battle goes on....
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

19. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast