Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Parsi, somehow 5 years comes to mind as the number of years my mother (and an aunt as well) had to work before being eligible for SS but those rules could have changed.

You might be able to play the MS card in job situations. I'm not sure how this works but understand that many employers are now required to accommodate various disabilities. If a job seemed to involve heavy lifting, they might hire you anyway with the provision that you be exempt from the heavy lifting part. I'm just guessing here.

Too bad Catdancer isn't here to provide some input. I believe she's an experienced disabilities counselor?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Howie, I sent you a PM.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I didn't have to worry about SS because I had worked enough years that I knew I could get it, or my husband's. However, I remember them telling me that it was based on the number of quarters you had worked and I can't remember how many that was.

I just wonder if the fact that Parsi has MS and is disabled would in any way play into this. I would think that it should, but I don't know.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks Agate. I just checked, and my SS is there. I love the online banking system.

I will wait until early tomorrow to do all my running around. I planned for it being Monday, but I'm really glad it was today.

Now back to my second mug of coffee!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Howie, how did we ever survive using those piddly coffee cups before the more generous coffee mugs were created?

Parsi, it's so nice to see you. You must join our monthly exercise thread that Sunshine starts as it got me off my butt and motivated me to exercise more. That and our inspiring 'movers' who show that consistent, regular movement really does help.

I know I felt the difference very quickly even though I started small and slow. Please think about joining in, every little bit of movement helps!

Please let us know if you hear from Cat too!

Virginia - you're thinking of Leah Murray.

Shingles vaccine next week - wish me luck!

And RSlater was the username for the member agate mentioned.

I also would like to propose a name change for the chit chat thread to something like "Peg's Monthly Chat", or something that honors her memory and reflects her cherished place here. It is just not the same without her starting it, and I'd like to remember her in the name moving forward if we could for whomever will be starting it. It just seemed strange not to have any mention of her in this new month's thread.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Changing the name of the Chitchat thread to honor Peg sounds like a wonderful idea to me, SuzE-Q. How do other people feel? If everyone is OK with that, I'll gladly ask the moderators about doing that. Or someone else can ask if anyone would like to.

Thanks for remembering rslater. Shameful that I didn't remember it because I had quite a lot of communication with her personally.

We certainly should mention Peg in this Chitchat thread. The first of the month can be a very busy time for some of us (me anyway), and important matters get set aside or overlooked.

I sent a note to Peg's family and am glad that others are stepping up to the plate and contacting them as well. So far I'm not sure about the address because Jeanie Z came up with one version which she got from Farmer Joe, but online it's slightly different. The two are close enough, though--the numbers all match up--and I have a feeling it's a situation where the post office has changed the street name somewhat, and so two versions of it are floating around.

Right now I'm on my way to do a fast (I hope) online order for an OTC med I found I'm about to run out of. I'm just hoping Walgreen's won't shillyshally around about sending it. Last night I realized I have only about a week's supply of it left, and it's the Claritin that helps me to breathe better and cough less.
    Last edited by agate; 06-01-2019 at 10:43 AM.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Start Slow Parsi.

My Friend started with a one minute walk.
    What type of movement does the MS allow you to do? All of theresesarch points to the benefit of moving on MS patients. It also helps a lot with Depression for MS and non MS people alike

Housework def counts BTW

Start slow and every few days Incase it by small increments.

Trust me, i didn’t start off at 700 yards of swimming after my crippling attack. I started off at 50 yards.

You can do this!!!

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

I am all for doing something to honor Peg in this thread. Thanks Suze-Q for bringing it up.

Suze-Q, yes you are right it was Leah Murray and how I could forget that I don't know since that was my maiden name.

I remember RSlater. She was on a lot back then. I think she was Rita if I remember correctly.
    Virginia

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Yes, she was Rita, and she died. I believe she had a bad reaction to one of the MS drugs--either Avonex or Copaxone--a really bad infection. I don't recall if that was the cause of her death even though I was in contact with her.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Yes to Peg’s Chit Chat.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast