Thread: CBD advice ??

Community Member

Default CBD advice ??

I am ready to start using CBD , so could somebody advise me.? As to what and where to buy.
    Thank you 😀
    Jan
    "never let it be too late"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jan, you definitely need Sunshine or Rose. Both will come along soon I am sure.

Nice to see you on here. Hope you are doing well.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Jan,

Nice to see you here again.

While waiting for those who are informed on this question to show up, you might want to look over these previous posts. I tried a search for "CBD oil" but nothing came up. This was a search for "cannabis":

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...archid=1161033
    Last edited by agate; 05-27-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Jan)))))) ~

Sunshine has a thread in the Stiff Person Syndrome forum exclusively about MMJ:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...erson-Syndrome

Informative and definitely worth perusing.

My husband, Jim, has been taking CBD and THC in capsule form since 2017, when he was diagnosed with cancer. We and his oncologist strongly believe that is why Jim is still as well as he is.

I started taking the same CBD capsules to help with RA inflammation, and it seems to be working for me.

The capsules are only available in California, so I can't recommend them (although I would, if they were available nationwide).

If your state has legal Medical Marijuana, I recommend that you see an MMJ doctor to get a recommendation/card. You can then visit a dispensary and speak to "budtenders" about the various kinds of CBD available and what might best meet your needs.

If that makes you uncomfortable, then I suggest that you go to a reputable health food store, not a national chain, and speak to someone there, who is knowledgeable about CBD. You might call around or do a Google search to find places, which promote CBD oil and "experts" in finding the right one for you.

Because CBD oil is "the thing" now, there is a glut of CBD oil manufacturers. Not all can be trusted. You want to make sure that you are getting only CBD with no fillers, no polyethelene glycol, or other solvents. You want the purest form of CBD oil. I would look at manufacturers, who have been in business for longer than a year or two, as the latter are the ones trying to cash in on the CBD fad. Again, you can Google manufacturers to find out more about their products, before you purchase anything.

I wish you luck in finding just the right CBD oil for you and that it will be effective. It takes a little time. It doesn't work immediately. So give it a month or two.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Hello Jan,
    There is also a MMJ thread I started and tend here on the MS board. It might be the next page or so.
    CBD is part of the MMJ plant.
    CBD comes from cannabis and also from hemp. Its the cannabis form you want. The hemp form is way less effective as it doesnt have the terpenes and the THC in it.
    With terpenes, THC and CBD, you have an “entourage” effect .
    The ratio of THC to CBD helps determine the side effects and the help that the product will give you.
    Example: I take a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC.
    With 12:1 it helped, just not as much as 1:1
    The 1:4 made me edgy
    The 1:9 helped more with pain and spasticity, but it made me too spacey and i just wanted to lie down and chill. It relaxed me too much
    And when I did the 1:9, then the 1:1 wasnt as effective the next dose time.
    It works in 45 minutes. Less is more. If you use too high of a dose, it becomes less effective over time, and then you have to stop a few days to restart your ability to make use of it again.

So much to say.
    Get your MMJ card and visit a dispensary.
    You are near Mass and VT— are they not a state where anyone can get MMJ (the cannibis variety)?
    The company I know and trust is Surterra, but I dont think they have it in your area.
    Several of the companies in Florida (there are 9 due to the restrictive law here), seemed sketchy and poorly trained.

Start searching.
    There is an excellent provider in New Hampshire named Dustin Sulak D.O. He has a website healer.com. Call him for an appt or ask him who he recommends in your area. My MMJ doc in Florida often talks about his work.

The CBD hemp is very unregulated and you do not know what youre getting in it. And, anyway, its often less effective. Sometimes its very effective , depending on Brand, but not as great as Cannibis. You are wise to do research

My first dose of MMJ was a revelation: in 45 minutes, my pain dropped 80%

Yesterday, I delayed my morning dose, and that certainly was a reminder of how much pain I would be in without it.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Thank you, I have alot to do now !
    Jan
    "never let it be too late"

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"