Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phones

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cherie, Consumer Cellular has iPhone 6plus and iPhone 7 s for $300.00 to $400.00. I assume they are new because it does not say refurbished. Guess I need to check into that. The plan that I would get is only $15.00 per month. I talked to one of their reps this afternoon and asked her which phone they sell would be best for someone who had never used a smart phone of any kind and would be learning from scratch. She recommended that I get one of these.

Agate, that article is way over my head. Anyway, I can't wait too long and keep the phone I've got because I think it is going to run out of minutes and I don't want to pay them for a year again. I can no longer access my account from my phone and I tried from my computer and they locked me out.
    They are up to iPhone 10 now so these are older technology and likely refurbished. If new, they may do well but even at this price are well over the cost of the android smart phones we have purchased over the years.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Good job Virginia on getting your Medical Alert working. You are a great self coach :)

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Mom’s phone is my old 6 plus w the same operating system that I have on my 8 plus iPhone. So I know that would work.

Also, you may need a plan with minutes, for calls, and “data” for when you are using an internet function.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Ann, you are dreaming big for me. Already got me going on the internet on my cellphone. I like that. I am thinking I might get the 6sPlus.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I just use my phone to talk. CVS will sent me a text message when my meds are ready, but as far as getting online, my laptop computer does that just fine. I never carry my phone anywhere. I'm not important enough that I can't be out of contact for a little while.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel that way too, Howie. However, I believe some people carry their cellphones on them at all times just in case they need to summon help--a bad fall, for instance. I've thought about carrying mine for that reason but until I get to know its quirks better, I won't try. Those phones are too apt to beep or ring at odd times--and bother everyone within earshot. Unless I know how to shut it up, I hesitate to go anywhere with it.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

If you fall, or have an emergency anywhere, everyone these days carry their phone with them, so they can call for you.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm. Never thought about that! I'm always surprised when people are helpful in situations where I've fallen. Sometimes they just go right on their merry way.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I want mine for safety and in case I get stuck somewhere and need to call Uber.

Ann, I bought a new 6 s plus for $214.00. The $14.00 was tax, etc. It is new and not refurbished. I got rose gold. Get ready for questions. It should be here within 5 days.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

P.S. I wonder if Nuthatch takes her pictures with a phone or a camera. Maybe I will learn to post pictures, but I am not sure what I would take pictures of.

My little flip phone takes pictures, but they are not very large.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast