Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phones

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I wear my phone at al times in case I have an emergency, to call my DH to avoid going to the ER. You can turn off the ringer noises. Go to “notifications” and you will see how. I never turn off the pill alarms though since If I miss a muscle relaxer dose, it can spell disaster.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Congrats, Virginia!

If you see any 6 year olds in your complex, you can always ask them for cellphone assistance.

By that age, they're already experts!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

LOL! Suze-Q, that is so true. Unfortunately, we have almost no children in this neighborhood, but I will stay on the look out and maybe I can even borrow a grandchild.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I can't remember where we were posting about medical alert systems, but this seems a good place to put this. My brother and his wife were telling the people in their church this morning that I had finally gotten one. A lady then told them about one called Great Calls. She has had hers for about two years and she only pays $17.00 a month for it. She has traveled to Florida, the beach and many places and it always covers her. It has GPS so it tracks her where ever she goes. She just loves it and says the people on call are very responsive.

I expect that most of these alert systems use the same call center, so I think they are probably all alike in that regard. I have all the information on this one, the phone number to call, etc. If anyone wants it let me know. I am going to keep it and possibly change when I have to pay again which is in six months. Not because I don't like mine, but in order to be covered no matter where I am and to get it cheaper.
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I've just got to put that darn iPhone down. I read a lot of the news today and I have been fooling around. Ann, I loaded some things from the App Store. As soon as I eat something (no lunch because of that phone) I am going to load Facebook. I have been into maps. I put my address in and I am not happy with the way it showed it, but I guess it is alright. I am not sure I want to read and do all that much on there when I've got this great big monitor for my computer that my brother gave me.

However, I am kind of satisfied with what I've figured out thus far.
    Virginia

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a nifty idea, having so much on your phone that you don't have to go online on a regular computer, but the screens are small, AND the phones I've dealt with seem to need recharging constantly.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a nifty idea, having so much on your phone that you don't have to go online on a regular computer, but the screens are small.
    That's my problem. With my eyesight, the small screen drives me nuts. I had a neighbor that was real good at using one, but he would show me something, and I just couldn't look at it for long, it's just too small.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of those people who are so handy with their smartphones are running into big problems from overuse of their thumbs. Some suggestions here on ways to hold a smartphone:

https://www.venturaortho.com/blogs/h...one-hand-pain/
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Serves them right, says the laptop/cell phone user!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I agree. I will not be on mine that much once I get the contacts and things I want set up. Right now it is new, so it is a play toy.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123