Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News re jeanie

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I'm late with the get better soon wishes for Jeanie, but I'm sending positive healing thoughts her way.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Talked with Jeanie again this evening. She seems to be doing quite well, all things considered. She has had to get up a couple of times to the bedside commode when the aid did not get there in time. She has been able to successfully negotiate this with her right leg. Her left was the one she broke.

She still likes her aid. She gets her breakfast in the morning and then lunch and dinner in the evening. I think most of it is fixed in the toaster oven or the microwave. Her son brings her watermelon and cantaloupe and things like that. He does her grocery shopping and she gets fresh green salads. So sounds like her diet is pretty good.

She told me the exercises that her PT is working on with her and it sounds like she is doing some by herself on days that he does not come. The Occupational Therapist is still coming. Someone had asked if she is working on her arms and she is. She has, I think, a small weight that she lifts.

I asked if she had her emergency button when she got up and it turns out she did not, but that reminded her that she should have. She said she was going to get it tied to her bed. I told her that what happened to her spurred me on to order one.

Her friend who plays games with her has been doing some extra work at night and on the week-ends so she probably doesn't have much extra time. She works for some attorneys during the day. I think Jeanie said she had been with them for 31 years.

She said Andy offered to come and stay with her, but he has 3 feral cats and he feeds them at 6 in the morning and 6 at night. They will not let anyone else feed them. She says he is crazy about them. Jamie, if you remember her, before she died liked these cats. Jeanie says Andy still misses Jamie.

I think we probably talked about some other things but I can't remember what they were. If I remember anything important I will come back and tell you.

I just remember she has her next Doctor's appointment June 6th and that will be about the four months that they said it would take for her to heal. The last x-rays showed things like b b s out beside the rod. Of course they are splinters and they don't want it to splinter again. She is hoping to become independent again and be able to drive her van and go the grocery store, get her hair and fingernails done and that sort of things. Sure hope she can.

She cannot read on here because her son's iPad is what she was using and he had to take it and get it reprogramed. So if anyone was hearing from her, I took that to mean that they couldn't now. She, of course, still is unable to get to the room that has her computer.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention the lady who comes and takes care of her heel. It is doing better now. This lady comes every day. She came over the week-end and on Mother's Day she bought her a rose. I thought that was really nice.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-15-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I'm so glad Jeanie has a network of people helping her and that she's getting some good food and exercise.

Thank you for explaining about the iPad. I had noticed that there haven't been any more e-mails from her in quite a while. That must be the reason why. I'm sure she keeps pretty busy just tending to her recovery efforts.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I just checked and I have Jeanie's mailing address and email but I can't find her ph # altho' I know I have called it before when we were in Hollywood and met her for lunch at the Cheesecake factory in W. Palm for lunch. If anyone has it and can pm me with it, I will do my best to call and check in occasionally as well.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just checked and I have Jeanie's mailing address and email but I can't find her ph # altho' I know I have called it before when we were in Hollywood and met her for lunch at the Cheesecake factory in W. Palm for lunch. If anyone has it and can pm me with it, I will do my best to call and check in occasionally as well.
    I've sent you a PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Spoke with Jeanie at length this afternoon. She is making progress. Jim was there and we had a three way conversation. It does not look like she will be back reading or posting until she is able to make it to the Computer which is currently not possible but she does see the Dr. again June 6 and may be given a bit more liberty at that time.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am sorry to see Jeanie having such a hard time with the broken leg. I hope the doctor gives her a bit more freedom at their visit.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cat, tell us how you are doing.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry to see Jeanie having such a hard time with the broken leg. I hope the doctor gives her a bit more freedom at their visit.
    Jim was on speaker phone with her when we spoke the other day. He has seen all of the X-Rays and said initially the picture was of shattered bone with many pieces. The last X-Ray a couple of weeks ago, all had come together and knit except for one small chip that was not yet reattached. The doc wanted to give it time to fuse that so will re X-Ray when she is seen on the 6th. Jim said that he has faith that partial weight bearing is not far away.

Regarding programming Jim's old iPad...not possible. She cannot get on here to read but was able to check an old email account from it which is how she was able to connect with some of us here. She wanted you all to know she was not ignoring us and as soon as she has permission to put some weight on that leg, she will make it to the computer and catch us up.

We discussed the concern that she does not have her alarm on her person when she is alone at night transferring to the commode. It is apparently the remote for her burglar alarm and not a lanyard or wrist emergency alert button. I sent her a passport holder from the MS Foundation that she can hang around her neck and put that remote in so it is on her person at all times. It should get to her probably tomorrow.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Jeanie called me this evening and we chatted for quite awhile. She sounds good and positive. She is putting her weight on her leg for a few seconds at the time everyday now. She is going to try and get her son to bring her scooter in this week-end and just let her try it down her hall to see how it feels and how she does. She is also going to have a keyboard moved out of her computer room so that if she is able later on to get back in there it will not be as crowded.

She wanted to know about Jim and Rose, Ann's eating problem and several other people. She said to tell everyone hello for her and she hopes to come back and talk to everyone soon.

Cherie is right the alarm is the alarm to her house, but she has a remote tied to the bed railing that she had put on her bed and she is never far away from it. It works the alarm right there in her bedroom and she can get help from every room in her house she told me at one time.

I was glad to hear her sounding so upbeat. I think we talked for over 1/2 hour, just mostly chatting away.

Hope things keep on looking up for her.
    Virginia

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast